Register / Log in
Posted 20th Oct 2019
Time for a heads up....Check out if your local library give free access. 100s of downloadable local, national & international newspapers and magazines.
Share with WhatsApp
Share with Messenger
8th Dec 2020
Mags and papers suitable for all ages, from kids to elderly, for all interests (see sample list below) from gossip and gardening to travel and tutorials. Parents, no need to pay for that publication your child's teacher recommends for wider reading / current affairs / university applications (Businessweek, The Economist, New Scientist, Science Focus etc.).
Do a Google search (e.g. "Harrow library magazines") to see if your Council gives free access to thousands of magazines and newspapers. The library website should tell you how to get access. You will need to be a registered library member. Your library may give access to multiple providers. The providers will likely have features such as an app and download functionality.
 If your library uses PressReader
 If your library uses RBDigital
 Sample of 11 PressReader newspapers available from my library
 Sample of 70 PressReader and RBDigital magazines available from my library
 If your library uses PressReader:
2) Disable your adblocker for the website if you have it installed on your browser
3) > Sign In
4) > Library or Group
5) There may be a pop-up asking if you want to allow location access. I selected "don't allow" bu it shouldn't matter even if you select "allow"
6) Start typing your Council name. If they provide access via PressReader, it should appear. If not, either they give magazine access via a different provider (e.g. RBDigital, Zinio) or your Council doesn't provide access at all.
7) Click your institution, enter your library card number and click sign in. It will tell you that your complimentary access will end in XX days, but you can ignore that, your access auto-renews.
 If your library uses RBDigital:
0) Other Councils also provide access to RBDigital (check your library website) but only these LLC members can register using the link I've provided in step 1) below: Barking & Dagenham, Brent, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Hackney, Harrow, Havering, Hounslow, Kingston, Lewisham, Luton, Merton, Newham, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Vision Redbridge, Waltham Forest.
2) > Register
3) Enter details and select library from dropdown list.
4) > Register
 Sample of 11 PressReader newspapers from my library
Daily Express / Sunday Express
Daily Mail / Mail on Sunday
Daily Mirror / Sunday Mirror
Daily Star / Daily Star Sunday
Daily Telegraph / Sunday Telegraph
London Evening Standard
 Sample of 70 PressReader and RBDigital magazines from my library (47 via PR, 56 via RB):
BBC Easy Cook
BBC Gardeners' World
BBC Good Food
BBC Science Focus
BBC Sky at Night
BBC Top Gear
Match of the Day
National Geographic / Nat Geo Kids / Nat Geo Little Kids
National Geographic Traveller
Rolling Stone USA
Sound & Vision
Style at Home
What's on TV
Who Do You Think You Are
Save for later
Post a comment