Pressure King Pro

Found 10th Nov 2017
I'm thinking of getting a Pressure King Pro. Has anyone got one? If so, are they any good?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I have the Aldi equivalent - bought it about 2 years ago and works a treat - paid £30 or £40 for it (can't remember).

We still use it weekly. At first experimented all the time making soups, stews, whole chickens etc and eventually settle down to routine use. Use it for boiled rice, soups and chicken stock (boiling down the chicken carcass). If it broke we'd replace it.

There are plenty equivalent types to the Pressure King Pro - worth doing a bit of searching around as you may find an equivalent cheaper.
Van19731 h, 39 m ago

I have the Aldi equivalent - bought it about 2 years ago and works a treat …I have the Aldi equivalent - bought it about 2 years ago and works a treat - paid £30 or £40 for it (can't remember).We still use it weekly. At first experimented all the time making soups, stews, whole chickens etc and eventually settle down to routine use. Use it for boiled rice, soups and chicken stock (boiling down the chicken carcass). If it broke we'd replace it.There are plenty equivalent types to the Pressure King Pro - worth doing a bit of searching around as you may find an equivalent cheaper.

Thank you for comment. That’s helpful. I’ve not seen the Aldi one. Hopefully it will be on sale again soon. Is it still going strong after two years?
This is the one I've got - looks like they've done them since 2009 hotukdeals.com/dea…165 Mine must have cost £40.

Comes with a 3 year guarantee. Mine is still as good as new - I wash all the seals after every use and remove the top plate to clean behind - look after it and it should last a good while as there is not too much in them to go wrong - very simple but clever design.

If you can't wait till they're next on offer there are plenty similar ones on ebay ..... ebay.co.uk/itm…BAf I would guess these are all made by just a few manufacurers as they are all similar in design.
i got the aldi equivalent cooker , it really is good, once you get the hang of it its very easy to make quick easy stews, curries, soups , bolognese etc , like the other contributor i would definately get anothe
suezygirl6 h, 22 m ago

i got the aldi equivalent cooker , it really is good, once you get the …i got the aldi equivalent cooker , it really is good, once you get the hang of it its very easy to make quick easy stews, curries, soups , bolognese etc , like the other contributor i would definately get anothe

Thank you. I’ll see when Aldi sells it again then.
I've got the pressure king pro and I would highly recommend it it's a wee bit pricey but I use mine all the time
Van197310th Nov

This is the one I've got - looks like they've done them since 2009 …This is the one I've got - looks like they've done them since 2009 https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aldi-electric-multi-cooker-with-3yrs-warranty-3999-1602165 Mine must have cost £40.Comes with a 3 year guarantee. Mine is still as good as new - I wash all the seals after every use and remove the top plate to clean behind - look after it and it should last a good while as there is not too much in them to go wrong - very simple but clever design. If you can't wait till they're next on offer there are plenty similar ones on ebay ..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VonShef-Electric-Pressure-Cooker-8-Function-6-Litre-Stainless-Steel-Rice-Cooker/282632458433?epid=2216460661&hash=item41ce3510c1:g:ZhgAAOSwPe9ZqBAf I would guess these are all made by just a few manufacurers as they are all similar in design.

Thank you for the links. I’ll check them out. The Aldi one looks good as it’s got a 3 year guarantee. I hope it comes round again soon.
scaryvonne2 h, 56 m ago

I've got the pressure king pro and I would highly recommend it it's a wee …I've got the pressure king pro and I would highly recommend it it's a wee bit pricey but I use mine all the time

Thank you for letting me know. :-)
Van197310th Nov

This is the one I've got - looks like they've done them since 2009 …This is the one I've got - looks like they've done them since 2009 https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aldi-electric-multi-cooker-with-3yrs-warranty-3999-1602165 Mine must have cost £40.Comes with a 3 year guarantee. Mine is still as good as new - I wash all the seals after every use and remove the top plate to clean behind - look after it and it should last a good while as there is not too much in them to go wrong - very simple but clever design. If you can't wait till they're next on offer there are plenty similar ones on ebay ..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VonShef-Electric-Pressure-Cooker-8-Function-6-Litre-Stainless-Steel-Rice-Cooker/282632458433?epid=2216460661&hash=item41ce3510c1:g:ZhgAAOSwPe9ZqBAf I would guess these are all made by just a few manufacurers as they are all similar in design.

Does the Aldi one brown meat well?
Loubou10 h, 24 m ago

Does the Aldi one brown meat well?

Yes - you can cook in it with the lid off.

Basically what you have is a removable "pan" which sits on top of a heating plate. The pan can be removed for cleaning etc. The unit has several programs which are just timers really - which can be manually adjusted. So for 'soup' the standard timer is say 20 minutes but you can adjust that to say 10 or 30 minutes - whatever you want. The timers control how long the unit is held at pressure - i.e. they only start counting down when the unit reaches the preset pressure..

To brown, you would just leave the lid off, select any of the programmes and once heated up start adding the meat.

When you put the lid on, the unit continues to heat up and as it is sealed starts to build pressure up. The pan then starts to push down against a pressure switch on the base. When the preset pressure is reached, the heating element is switched off and the timer begins it countdown. The unit then holds the contents at this pressure (and temperature) for the duration of the timer - if the pressure/temperature falls a little the heating element will switch on for a short duration to raise it again.

Hope this is clear!
Van19733 h, 17 m ago

Yes - you can cook in it with the lid off. Basically what you have is a …Yes - you can cook in it with the lid off. Basically what you have is a removable "pan" which sits on top of a heating plate. The pan can be removed for cleaning etc. The unit has several programs which are just timers really - which can be manually adjusted. So for 'soup' the standard timer is say 20 minutes but you can adjust that to say 10 or 30 minutes - whatever you want. The timers control how long the unit is held at pressure - i.e. they only start counting down when the unit reaches the preset pressure.. To brown, you would just leave the lid off, select any of the programmes and once heated up start adding the meat. When you put the lid on, the unit continues to heat up and as it is sealed starts to build pressure up. The pan then starts to push down against a pressure switch on the base. When the preset pressure is reached, the heating element is switched off and the timer begins it countdown. The unit then holds the contents at this pressure (and temperature) for the duration of the timer - if the pressure/temperature falls a little the heating element will switch on for a short duration to raise it again.Hope this is clear!

That’s very helpful. Thank you. It all sounds good.
Van19733 h, 50 m ago

Have you seen …Have you seen this???https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pressure-king-pro-3l-3999-5l-5599-6l-7999-at-high-street-tv-2838432

Thanks for thinking of me. I hadn’t seen it. I’ve got my eye on a crock-pot multi cooker now. I like the oblong shape for doing chicken etc. Have you seen them? link for crock-pot
Edited by: "Loubou" 24th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants