Groups

    Prestige Mode on MW2

    Has anyone done it, or opted against?

    I have just hit level 70, and liking the AK-47 - And am in two minds if I should try Prestige Mode.

    Any pros/cons appreciated!!

    34 Comments

    ****ing love it! im on 10th prestige

    MarzBarz;7800344

    ****ing love it! im on 10th prestige



    This ^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

    You should try it boss! Its class!

    MarzBarz;7800344

    ****ing love it! im on 10th prestige



    *cough* hacked *cough*

    Pros:
    You get to do the challenges again
    You get another custom class slot.
    you unlock extra challenges (Veterans)

    Cons:
    You lose all your weapons perks and killtstreaks
    you have to play more of the same boring game

    Thats it.

    Marina;7800356

    You should try it boss! Its class!



    Isn't it exactly the same as starting from level 1 again ??

    JaYy_dOg;7800364

    *cough* hacked *cough*



    eaziiiii

    Jetpac;7800365

    Pros: You get to do the challenges againYou get another custom class … Pros: You get to do the challenges againYou get another custom class slot.you unlock extra challenges (Veterans)Cons:You lose all your weapons perks and killtstreaksyou have to play more of the same boring gameThats it.



    +!

    HALO 3 IS THEE GAME!

    MarzBarz;7800371

    eaziiiii



    truu init'

    MarzBarz;7800374

    +!HALO 3 IS THEE GAME!



    Thats boring as well. not as boring as MW2 is but still not great.
    Have the put Griffball in the official playlist yet?

    Jetpac;7800384

    Thats boring as well. not as boring as MW2 is but still not great.Have … Thats boring as well. not as boring as MW2 is but still not great.Have the put Griffball in the official playlist yet?



    LOL nope but thats defo one of my favz

    JaYy_dOg;7800380

    truu init'



    nahhh what u take me for :x

    Jetpac;7800384

    Thats boring as well. not as boring as MW2 is but still not great.Have … Thats boring as well. not as boring as MW2 is but still not great.Have the put Griffball in the official playlist yet?



    Do you play littlebigplanet or something?

    1st person ive met who doesnt like mw2

    MarzBarz;7800392

    nahhh what u take me for :x



    jokin' man chill ya beanzz

    Original Poster

    MarzBarz;7800344

    ****ing love it! im on 10th prestige


    PS3, XBox or PC? - How long did that take??
    CFC_Mark;7800366

    Isn't it exactly the same as starting from level 1 again ??


    It is - But you get different symbols etc once you get to 70 again, but have basic guns etc till you unlock. So like starting again........

    Original Poster

    Marina;7800356

    You should try it boss! Its class!



    Cheers girl!! :-D

    got it the other day, tbh i hate mw2 too lol.

    It is like starting again, with a few extras a long the way. I think this is done to even the game up a bit

    JaYy_dOg;7800397

    Do you play littlebigplanet or something?1st person ive met who doesnt … Do you play littlebigplanet or something?1st person ive met who doesnt like mw2



    Nope, i love shooters and am in fact very good at MW2 ( i play TDM) I usually end rounds around 27-30 kills for 3-8 deaths or so.

    It's just dull. Its full of bugs, there are perks that are totally useless ergo no-one uses as normal, kill streaks are overpowering.

    Hmm lets see i'm going to run around with stopping power an assault rifle and double shotguns. Standard. People only use about 10% of the weapons in the game. the other 90% are only ever used if you kinda feel like getting the EX points.

    I play it for like 2 rounds then think why the hell am i playing this ITS REALLY BORING.

    I'm bored of it.

    Wish I could get back into it but too busy having fun kicking peoples **** on FIFA.

    Original Poster

    Jetpac;7800457

    Nope, i love shooters and am in fact very good at MW2 ( i play TDM) I … Nope, i love shooters and am in fact very good at MW2 ( i play TDM) I usually end rounds around 27-30 kills for 3-8 deaths or so.It's just dull. Its full of bugs, there are perks that are totally useless ergo no-one uses as normal, kill streaks are overpowering.Hmm lets see i'm going to run around with stopping power an assault rifle and double shotguns. Standard. People only use about 10% of the weapons in the game. the other 90% are only ever used if you kinda feel like getting the EX points.I play it for like 2 rounds then think why the hell am i playing this ITS REALLY BORING.



    What do you play it on, XBox?? I've heard there are loads of bugs. I'm on PS3, and have not come across any yet.

    Jetpac;7800457

    Nope, i love shooters and am in fact very good at MW2 ( i play TDM) I … Nope, i love shooters and am in fact very good at MW2 ( i play TDM) I usually end rounds around 27-30 kills for 3-8 deaths or so.It's just dull. Its full of bugs, there are perks that are totally useless ergo no-one uses as normal, kill streaks are overpowering.Hmm lets see i'm going to run around with stopping power an assault rifle and double shotguns. Standard. People only use about 10% of the weapons in the game. the other 90% are only ever used if you kinda feel like getting the EX points.I play it for like 2 rounds then think why the hell am i playing this ITS REALLY BORING.



    +1 here mate. I'd rather play BFBC2 demo. Alot more slower paced and not full of nade spammers.

    Original Poster

    thearbiter65;7800434

    It is like starting again, with a few extras a long the way. I think this … It is like starting again, with a few extras a long the way. I think this is done to even the game up a bit



    Any worth doing it for?

    I play online, and like my current set up, so would be wierd for a month just to get back to where I am now :?

    Yea im on 360.
    even without the glitches, it would still be too dull.

    Meadsy4742;7800472

    +1 here mate. I'd rather play BFBC2 demo. Alot more slower paced and … +1 here mate. I'd rather play BFBC2 demo. Alot more slower paced and not full of nade spammers.



    agreed, ive logged a lot of time on BC2. It looks great, there are things i hope they tweak in the gameplay and a few balance issues but apart from that its so much more entertaining.

    cw9652;7800476

    Any worth doing it for?I play online, and like my current set up, so … Any worth doing it for?I play online, and like my current set up, so would be wierd for a month just to get back to where I am now :?



    look at my first post. apart from the sarky boring comment.. those are the pros and cons.

    cw9652;7800476

    Any worth doing it for?I play online, and like my current set up, so … Any worth doing it for?I play online, and like my current set up, so would be wierd for a month just to get back to where I am now :?



    tbh not worth it stick with ur current ranks

    waste of time doing prestige. no1 else other than yourself cares that you're prestige so why do it just to have an emblem that a million others have and loose all your weapons?

    hypnoticstate;7800518

    waste of time doing prestige. no1 else other than yourself cares that … waste of time doing prestige. no1 else other than yourself cares that you're prestige so why do it just to have an emblem that a million others have and loose all your weapons?



    tip: you lose your weapons, you loose your bowels :thumbsup:

    hit prestige 3 last night, through blood sweat and tears lol (no hacking) i'm not particuarly good but i like the game. Yes i like assault rifles , yes i like double shotguns, but i also LOVE running lightweight, marathon and commando with a knife :-D
    On my first 70 levels i switched guns a lot, now i keep busy doing the prestige challenges etc.

    For anybody to be prestige 10 already unless theyve used the hack must play it all the time! It takes a little over 2 days gamplay on average to prestige depending on skill level and games played, so anyone 10th prestige must be on it a hell of a lot.

    I play for at least 2 hours a day, since release day and im prestige 3, and I get high scores too.

    The thing is, if you don't prestige you'll soon get bored. I enjoy the challenge of using all the guns again and not having a choice in the matter. But that's just me

    I went prestige twice on COD4 then concentrated on getting the golden guns which i still have. Now at level 70 on MW2 but wont prestige. I like to try to complete all of the challengers. No cheating allowed. Have yet to see a nuke. Mainly play FFA.

    mittu1;7801140

    tip: you lose your weapons, you loose your bowels :thumbsup:


    lol oops, typo

    Don't see this mentioned in the skimming down, but you also gain additional Class slots as you rank up (an extra one every odd level it seems), so by 10th you should have 10 class slots.

    Very handy.

    Original Poster

    DragonChris;7804669

    Don't see this mentioned in the skimming down, but you also gain … Don't see this mentioned in the skimming down, but you also gain additional Class slots as you rank up (an extra one every odd level it seems), so by 10th you should have 10 class slots.Very handy.



    But I have my Class slots set. - I have decided to stay where I am. (For now)
    Post a comment
    Avatar
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

      See more discussions