Pret A Manger or Greggs

Found 18th Jan 2015
Anyone tried the baguettes from both of these and can comment?

I buy my baguette at lunch from Greggs and it tastes delicious at £2.50. I have seen a similar chicken club baguette at Pret A Manger which costs nearer £4 and wonder if the one at Pret A Manger tastes better hence the extra cost?
Community Updates
AskGreggs
11 Comments
think you would get a healthier portion at Greggs.

Pret is for posers.
please mutley... this vital episode of your life belongs on the ask forum

go stink there up
ewwaxo

think you would get a healthier portion at Greggs.Pret is for posers.

hence my question. pret a manger seems to be on the expensive side but whether this is because they are considered posh or whether their sandwiches are actually more tasty and so worth the extra money.
Have to admit the baguettes at Greggs are really nice!
I'm surprised you're asking that be honest,I would have thought you would be more into making your lunch using Sainsburys basics stuff!

Can even see you taking sandwiches tied up in the plastic bread bag if it saves you a few pence
TheBoss96

Have to admit the baguettes at Greggs are really nice!

they are so delicious, i sometimes get them for dinner instead.
they are high in calories otherwise i'd eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
takethatfan1978

I'm surprised you're asking that be honest,I would have thought you would … I'm surprised you're asking that be honest,I would have thought you would be more into making your lunch using Sainsburys basics stuff!Can even see you taking sandwiches tied up in the plastic bread bag if it saves you a few pence

i am full of contradictions. in some instances i spend more than others.
mutley1

in some instances i spend more than others.

Well lash out the extra quid and try for yourself. Taste is on the tongue of the beholder.
coffee tastes better at pret if that helps
ceres

Well lash out the extra quid and try for yourself. Taste is on the … Well lash out the extra quid and try for yourself. Taste is on the tongue of the beholder.

If others say no difference then I am inclined to take their opinion. taste can be individual but general feedback tend to be actual.

if feedback says better then I would try it.
If you think Greggs is delicious, your palate isn't sophisticated enough for Pret.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions