Groups

price hike on ps3 60gb

has anyone noticed the prices for the 60gb version have started climbing.they are selling for upto £600 on ebay.supply running dry so its even more profitable than selling a wii now lol. shopto.net where selling these for £299.

20 Comments

Holy moly, its true. its hard to find a 60GB ps3 now. I cant believe i managed to get mine new for £296. tempted to stick it on ebay lol......nah.

Just bumped the ps3 empire stores thread up to show them this. If anyone is fed up of it now and needs money for christmas then its worth selling:)

there going for 400 + for a 60gb alone!

Original Poster

one thing is for sure is that its harder too get a ps3 60gb than it is a wii .anyone wanna buy mine for £1000 lol

I got mine from argos. well my mum did. last one - we were lucky, was the last one in nottingham town centre. and i believe nottingham is sold out now [apart from one shop i know has ONE in]

£350 inc. heavenly sword + resistance

Luckily I got my 60GB PS3 on the day of the price drop because I could see that they would sell out before Christmas, I just wasn't sure when and I didn't want to take the risk and wait until nearer to Christmas. Sony will probably just release one with a bigger hard drive, but I think I got a good deal and I could always just get a 500GB hard drive and put that into the PS3 and then there'll be no problems!

second hand rate on other forums is still about 280. Ps3 is easier to find then a wii in shops for me.

I'm sure the 60gb is still quite easy to get hold of?

XtremeDJW

Go round your highstreet and try it, i doubt very muchly.

XtremeDJW

Up to a few weeks ago they were easy to get a hold off, but now supplies have gone down, and people have probably started to buy the last remaining few just to sell on at a higher price, meaning that most remaining stock is gone, hence the high prices! None of the shops near me have any left, although Argos did last week.

Some buy it now's for the £300 mark at the moment so I would wait to see how it goes before rushing to list.

apparently there is a 80G ps3 coming out in June

deadduck_145

apparently there is a 80G ps3 coming out in June

Thats a rumour. Its out in america + Japan
    But
    SCEE[Sony Computer Entertainment Europe] Have said they will not release it in any PAL region or Australia.

Arsenal Fan

Up to a few weeks ago they were easy to get a hold off, but now supplies … Up to a few weeks ago they were easy to get a hold off, but now supplies have gone down, and people have probably started to buy the last remaining few just to sell on at a higher price, meaning that most remaining stock is gone, hence the high prices! None of the shops near me have any left, although Argos did last week.

Yeah I guess a few weeks makes all the difference, especially at this time of year.

For a hot piece of technology like this, it's hardly surprising...

The 60GB PS3 is discontinued and people want to get it before it vanishes. Supply and demand.

Since I don't have a HDTV, I didn't bother getting a 60GB. I'll just pick up a PS2 for cheap sometime - It'd probably be more reliable than a PS3 for PS1/PS2 games anyway.

The 60GB one had the emotion engine for PS2 compatability. The others use software emulation.

The 80GB is out in other countries, but the hard drive is easy enough to change so you could get a bog standard one and upgrade the HDD when you feel like it.

Have Sony revealed why they aren't going to release an overpriced 80GB PS3 in Europe?

Tune Up

Have Sony revealed why they aren't going to release an overpriced 80GB … Have Sony revealed why they aren't going to release an overpriced 80GB PS3 in Europe?

i think they will but dont want to say so that people buy ps3s now and not wait for the newer ones. also i think they probably make a 120gb one or something.

Tune Up

Have Sony revealed why they aren't going to release an overpriced 80GB … Have Sony revealed why they aren't going to release an overpriced 80GB PS3 in Europe?

"Because the 40GB is the right price and suits all needs"

According to them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions