Price increase of Body Shop As of Next week

Hey. Juts to get a heads up, everything is going up at least £1 at body Shop. I think this is extortionate so get your goodies now.!!!!

14 Comments

or boycott them entirely as it's owned by L'Oreal/nestle. Nothing ethical or natural about the body shop any more.

Deleted User Name 3;2536998

or boycott them entirely as it's owned by L'Oreal/nestle. Nothing … or boycott them entirely as it's owned by L'Oreal/nestle. Nothing ethical or natural about the body shop any more.

I didnt know that. Maybe they should start making edible beauty products.

COLD - the post and deal summarises to....

Buy now - quick - before we screw some more out of you!!!

Nothing personal to cwtaylor - sorry mate.

As a teenager I used to stink of Dewberry Eau De Toilette, just not the same anymore.

Cold. Already a rip off. Maybe take a trip to one of their outlet stores at those outlet villages and buy when they have reduced the stuff lots there

How can this be a 'deal'? It seems more like a promotion for the body shop. And the 'tip' is vague - where is this info from? And I also agree with Ibiza - this can be summarised as 'buy now at non-sale prices because things are going to be even more expensive in future.' How about petrol prices then? Should we post 'deals' warning people to buy now as the prices will increase next month..? :thinking:

EDIT: Ok, now been moved to Misc

As the OP said not a deal but a heads up & there are people who still shop there so good for them to know:thumbsup:

moved to Misc.

Original Poster

well look i work for body shop as a dogs body sales consultant. heres what i have to say:

1. L'oreal has no control over BS products, ethics or anything like that. They are merely a financial covering and that's all they will ever be. We do not test on animals never do and we DO use natural products as much as we can. All are new ranges: moringa & peppermint are completely preservative free and para bend free.

2. I was only trying to help people. If you dont like it then get lost. Don't come bitching to me about it.

cwtaylor;2537742

2. I was only trying to help people. If you dont like it then get lost. … 2. I was only trying to help people. If you dont like it then get lost. Don't come bitching to me about it.

Nice to meet you too :thumbsup: :roll:

But they do sell stuff that's been tested on animals in the last 5 years don't they?

Original Poster

nope not at all. The only one i know of is Body Shop USA who tested one of their hair products on a rat i believe. But Body Shop USA is a separate company to UK and we make all our products in the UK. Except for Community trade accessories that is.

cwtaylor;2537742

1. L'oreal has no control over BS products, ethics or anything like that.

Every penny spent in the body shop goes to l'oreal/nestle. They have full control, and they make profit from people shopping there.

BMA
Thats along with the workers rights violations in asia.

As for the animal testing:

"
Although the Body Shop maintain that they are against animal testing, they do not always make clear that many of the ingredients in their products have been tested on animals by other companies, causing much pain and suffering to those animals. They accept ingredients tested on animals before 1991, or those tested since then (if they were animal-tested for some purpose other than for cosmetics).
"

Up until the late 90's they also ran the rolling five-year rule (no ingredients that were tested on animals 5 or less years ago were allowed, but more than five was fine; the problem being the rolling part - every year new ingredients where added).

Their products on the whole have never been natural (putting some plants in a petrochemical shampoo doesn't constitute natural).

Thanks for clearing that up...not as squeaky clean as a lot of people think. :x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492101
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35188
    3. What is there free to do in your town?2442
    4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2855

See more discussions