price match car insurance companies

Found 24th Oct 2011
Does anyone know of any car insurance company that price match?
I know Admiral will, and currently with them but I'm trying to avoid Admiral Group, but I think i will have to eat humble pie and save myself £300.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
11 Comments
They all do. Just tell them you have a comparable quote from another company for £xxx & ask them to match it or better it.
not all, Elephant (part of Admiral) don't, privilege also don't. I think i might just have to call all of them.
I don't think many will cut their quote by £300.
Have you tried the comparison sites?
Tried all the comparison sites, and even the cash back offers, but elephant is still cheapest by £300. looks like I will eat humble pie and save that amount. I just determined not to give my money to Admiral group.
thir13en

Tried all the comparison sites, and even the cash back offers, but … Tried all the comparison sites, and even the cash back offers, but elephant is still cheapest by £300. looks like I will eat humble pie and save that amount. I just determined not to give my money to Admiral group.

Have you had problems with Admiral then?
Yes, they are fine if you don't make a claim, but once you do, then they are very poor. and also slow! taking nearly a year for them to contact the 3rd party...!

Edited by: "thir13en" 24th Oct 2011
Ah, right. That's the problem. You don't know what your insurance company are like until you actually need them.
Directline were best for me this year but only because they are giving 12 months for the price of 10.
Maybe worth trying them if you haven't already.
I was with Directline before, very good service, I cannot fault them, but they are over £500 more than Elephant.
thir13en

I was with Directline before, very good service, I cannot fault them, but … I was with Directline before, very good service, I cannot fault them, but they are over £500 more than Elephant.

Jeez.. humble pie it is then X)
it was humble pie, and Elephant advice me that Admiral Group will auto renew my policy! so had to cancel that which was a hassle.

I did save additional £40 going through quidco comparison, exact same information and supplier! but lower (excludes cash back). Eating humble pie, but result.
Edited by: "thir13en" 26th Oct 2011
Decent outcome. Hope you have a hassle free year with Elephant.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants