Price Matching at Currys? Anyone done it

Hi am just looking at buying a cooker and found it £20 cheaper on the another site. I phoned and mentioned it to them to try and get it 10% cheaper but they said they dont match web prices? So how would i get it cheaper just say i seen it in a local shop.

Thanks for you help

Lindsey

13 Comments

from Currys site

"We won't be beaten on price!

In the unlikely event that you find a cheaper price, for the same product and offer, We’ll not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. Our price promise even applies up to 7 days after purchase.

Single unit purchases only. The competitor must be a retail store within 30 miles and have stock ready for delivery. Available instore only."

Original Poster

So do i say its a local shop??? how will they know

lindseyanndavis

So do i say its a local shop??? how will they know

They will check the item themselves. They go away to check I used a price promise when purchasing a TV last year. Luckily for me the cheaper TV was being sold next door at Comet so they had to approve it.

They price matched my fridge about 2 weeks ago with another web site. But its not 10% cheaper than there price its 10% of the difference so would only be £2 discount

yeah price match sucks, thought it was 10% off but only applies to the difference e.g if a printer costs £45 and at currys the same printer costs £50 its £5 diff so they will match it (£45) and take 10% of £5 =50p minus £45. total = £44.50

Banned

Which cooker is it?

Then I can see how much it is on the internet elsewhere.

Original Poster

MR1123

yeah price match sucks, thought it was 10% off but only applies to the … yeah price match sucks, thought it was 10% off but only applies to the difference e.g if a printer costs £45 and at currys the same printer costs £50 its £5 diff so they will match it (£45) and take 10% of £5 =50p minus £45. total = £44.50

Yes thats how i thought it works

Original Poster

Thanks all ordered now so doesnt matter now !!

Needed one asap

Thanks for the responses
Lindsey

Original Poster

DLM

Which cooker is it?Then I can see how much it is on the internet … Which cooker is it?Then I can see how much it is on the internet elsewhere.

It was a bosch one ....all sorted now thanks for you help anyway

Banned

lindseyanndavis

It was a bosch one ....all sorted now thanks for you help anyway

Hope it it is nice.

Just over 4 month's to TT

Banned

whatsThePoint

whats a tt?

Take That

Original Poster

Yeh i know and counting !! haaa which day do you go on?

Am at Jamorquai in April too

Banned

lindseyanndavis

Yeh i know and counting !! haaa which day do you go on?Am at Jamorquai in … Yeh i know and counting !! haaa which day do you go on?Am at Jamorquai in April too

Tuesday 7th
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110240
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764520
    3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31125
    4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October56

See more discussions