Price of Costco Chicken Breast

Posted 21st Apr 2019
Hi all,
Was going to buy a Costco membership - main purchases would be fuel and food. Main food would probably be chicken breasts but noticed the price online is quoted as 2kg for £30 which is absolutely extortionate....is that correct? Does anyone know? I would be buying in store but surely they can't be charging that much for chicken breasts.

Thanks!
Anthony
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
That's not right. Can't recall the right price, but I've never noticed it's anything exceptional before.
deleted1471098
That’s because it’s herb fed free range = pricey but having said that you can get more and similar for less musclefood.com/chi…BwE
Used to get ours from Costco but have found Makro to be better quality and value now.
My butcher is £27 for 5kg - that's the sort of price I was expecting....not £75!
anthonymurray12 h, 4 m ago

My butcher is £27 for 5kg - that's the sort of price I was …My butcher is £27 for 5kg - that's the sort of price I was expecting....not £75!

It’s about £15 a tray not the price online don’t know the KG price about 10 large breasts it’s slightly more than you would pay in a supermarket but much better quality.
Muscle foods chicken is pumped of water though. But that’s my opinion not saying that it’s not good price. All of Costco food stuff is good quality. Try there cooked chicken, better than anywhere else we have had before.
Liam_18829 m ago

Muscle foods chicken is pumped of water though. But that’s my opinion not s …Muscle foods chicken is pumped of water though. But that’s my opinion not saying that it’s not good price. All of Costco food stuff is good quality. Try there cooked chicken, better than anywhere else we have had before.

Really? Been ordering chicken monthly for the past 2-3 years from them. They never shrink when I cook them
Liam_1882 h, 17 m ago

Muscle foods chicken is pumped of water though. But that’s my opinion not s …Muscle foods chicken is pumped of water though. But that’s my opinion not saying that it’s not good price. All of Costco food stuff is good quality. Try there cooked chicken, better than anywhere else we have had before.

It's not pumped full of water - supermarket chicken is though.
Marinated in water for extra succulence
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants