Found 20th Dec 2009
Have ordered a fresh turkey at local butchers, I just wondered if anyone knew about what price I will have to pay I forgot to ask,.it is between 11 and 13 pounds
He must be too busy to answer the phone I tried on Friday and Saturday morning

24 Comments

me da paid £75 for his. (organic)

Jeany am the same btw..............picking up my turkey and ham on Wednesday and never asked them what its roughly going to cost !!

not sure....we got ours through a caterer (family owns a pub/resteraunt) and dont even know the price of that!

I've paid £4 per LB for my big ol'bird

about £60

Original Poster

radishnet;7285162

me da paid £75 for his. (organic)

bossyboots;7285163

Jeany am the same btw..............picking up my turkey and ham on … Jeany am the same btw..............picking up my turkey and ham on Wednesday and never asked them what its roughly going to cost !!

lil_tiger;7285179

not sure....we got ours through a caterer (family owns a pub/resteraunt) … not sure....we got ours through a caterer (family owns a pub/resteraunt) and dont even know the price of that!

jeany123;7285198

Don't really mind as it is only once a year but I don't want to have a … Don't really mind as it is only once a year but I don't want to have a heart attack when i go to pick it up LOL

Mod & Ed

my butcher is charging £6.00 per lb

Original Poster

snowtiger;7285201

about £60

I was hoping about 50 thankyou anyway:thumbsup:

bossyboots;7285163

Jeany am the same btw..............picking up my turkey and ham on … Jeany am the same btw..............picking up my turkey and ham on Wednesday and never asked them what its roughly going to cost !!

Can I have a bit of both please?:-D

sometimes it really does work out cheaper and more convenient to eat out on christmas day! my bird will probably cost me around £50 too, plus the ham £20 then the ton of other stuff am buying in for the meal..

deek72;7285245

Can I have a bit of both please?:-D

haha - dont u worry, we did have bit of a panic when we realised that we didnt have a spare chair for u but my oh has found my sons old high chair in the loft. Its been cleaned and is sitting ready for you looooool

and remember what we told u re. booking a taxi..........:-D

seriously thats what you pay:w00t:

Original Poster

Thankyou everybody:-D

bossyboots;7285283

haha - dont u worry, we did have bit of a panic when we realised that we … haha - dont u worry, we did have bit of a panic when we realised that we didnt have a spare chair for u but my oh has found my sons old high chair in the loft. Its been cleaned and is sitting ready for you looooool :pand remember what we told u re. booking a taxi..........:-D

Ha ha! That'll do fer me, kid :thumbsup:

Get a steak Pie instead, Fray bentos charge 30p per lb :gift:

Original Poster

milewide;7285555

Get a steak Pie instead, Fray bentos charge 30p per lb :gift:

Not the same though is it:-D

jeany123;7285599

Not the same though is it:-D

True you cant beat a turkey with it's own juices and cornflower for gravy, mmmmmmmmmmm. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

:roll:mmm hungry now LOL:)

go to the barley mo chain,they do sunday roast-much as can eat for £3.50 a person and surprisingly good,
u can find me there @chrimbo:p

Used to always get a fresh turkey, v. expensive but I felt it was worth it...only once a year

Forgot to order one year and had to have a Tesco's frozen. Nobody noticed any difference, including me. Can't justify the difference in price when no difference in taste

iglimpse;7286647

Used to always get a fresh turkey, v. expensive but I felt it was worth … Used to always get a fresh turkey, v. expensive but I felt it was worth it...only once a yearForgot to order one year and had to have a Tesco's frozen. Nobody noticed any difference, including me. Can't justify the difference in price when no difference in taste

:thumbsup: Exactly!!
I bought a £10 Turkey crown from Morrisons ......... lubly jubly

this is what i don't get, i would/do spend £60+ on fillet steak rather than bland turkey

Alfonse;7290109

this is what i don't get, i would/do spend £60+ on fillet steak rather … this is what i don't get, i would/do spend £60+ on fillet steak rather than bland turkey

for once i agree with you:w00t: although i dont eat steak;-)

Original Poster

Yes I cancelled yesterday and got a 2 crowns from lidl £9 98 each
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options78
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person623
    3. Flowers for anniversary44
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33

See more discussions