Price of Wii's being over RRP

Found 18th Nov 2007
Ok, to save us all spamming Steve's and other thread's, let's have a proper sensible chat about rrp vs current selling prices of wii's on here, ebay etc etc.

Might be an idea that way no for sale/wanted threads can be spammed out of sight.....

53 Comments

Sloth/Mod

I think it's fine to sell at whatever you want. If people don't want to pay then no-one is forcing them to.

I think some people are just bitter they can't find one. :giggle:

Original Poster

All this chat about over RRP really does make me laff. Sorry to those who do want one, but, for example Simon_G. Do you have anything of value at home? I for example have some football programmes. They have a price on them, what i paid when i attended the match. They have increased in value by them simple economic factor; supply vs demand. So, do you have anything Simon that has increased? If so, please sell it to me, at the price you paid for it. Say, if you own one, your property. Please offer it to me at the price you paid. I'd be particularly interested if it has gone up in value.

Get a grip.

(Transposed from the http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1215285)

boydent999

All this chat about over RRP really does make me laff. Sorry to those who … All this chat about over RRP really does make me laff. Sorry to those who do want one, but, for example Simon_G. Do you have anything of value at home? I for example have some football programmes. They have a price on them, what i paid when i attended the match. They have increased in value by them simple economic factor; supply vs demand. So, do you have anything Simon that has increased? If so, please sell it to me, at the price you paid for it. Say, if you own one, your property. Please offer it to me at the price you paid. I'd be particularly interested if it has gone up in value.Get a grip.

Stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Those football programmes, for instance, are worth nothing to me & I wouldn't make an offer at all... unless the internet crashed, the whole planet went into a second ice age & I needed something to burn to keep my family warm.

This aside... I have two Wii consoles... bought one in August & one in October.

The first was very easy to source. Bought one after weeks of research on the best deal, when there were plenty in every store you visited. The second was much harder to find, but not impossible.

I just planned ahead knowing that Christmas is a fixed point in the calendar every year & didn't pay more than R.R.P for either.

Did struggle to find one last weekend for a friend though (who didn't plan ahead & wanted one for her child's birthday anniversary in a few weeks).

She was willing to pay more for the console because of the timescale, but I wasn't willing to on her behalf, so I spent most of last Sunday here (as some people who are already subscribed/contributed to this thread will testify) as well as another forum, and eventually bought one for R.R.P.

However, if i had a spare, and needed to make some money, I would have no problem holding out for the highest offer I could get due to market demand. But, if I heard a situation about one family who could only afford R.R.P & had disabled or terminally ill kids who would be missing out, then even my usual bar humbug Christmas spirit would be tested

BFN,

fp.

[SIZE=2]I'm after a Modded Wii, anybody got one for sale?:p [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Oooops, wrong thread.:roll: :roll: :roll: :giggle: [/SIZE]

Original Poster

Lol, PLEASE don't burn my programmes lol :-( i'd be gutted. They are worth a few quid yes, i know they are, but to me they mean a whole lot more.

The wii's mind. I am not sure how easy they have been to source during the year, i haven't looked. Only recently have i looked and they have been easy, if you're lucky. Might sound a contradiction, but i can spend a lot of time in front of a pc, so can use the stock checkers etc. Those who cannot, i do sympathise.

I am not a parent and have no idea how tough it must be, but you cannot whinge at folks who are making money out of summat. It's happened for as long as bartering and currency has existed.

Think Sy might have a point about being bitter.....

Banned

Its all down to personal choice.

If you want an item thats hard to find or want it on the day of release or buy from another country , you know full well that your going to pay a bit more.

Nowadays there are always deals to be hard online and in stores, I found that the plasma I want will be cheaper after christmas, so I am happy to wait a few months and save myself a couple of hundred quid.

The ethos on here everyone is looking for a good deal, I for one have delt with ( for example 3 members off here, and they had something I wanted and bingo deal done) but they were not trying to inflate the price or charge me for something they got FREE or generally make a fast buck and do a runner..

So rrp , its all down to timing, market forces and supply and demand..more tea anyone ?:-D

Banned

[quote=boydent999]Lol, PLEASE don't burn my programmes lol :-( i'd be gutted. They are worth a few quid yes, i know they are, but to me they mean a whole lot more.

They will be City programmes and they are priceless.. so I will offer you a fiver .. :giggle: or swap you some of mine :w00t:

Banned

dinosteveus

[SIZE=2]I'm after a Modded Wii, anybody got one for sale?:p … [SIZE=2]I'm after a Modded Wii, anybody got one for sale?:p [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Oooops, wrong thread. :giggle: [/SIZE]

Oi hop it SPAMMER :x :giggle:

fanpages

But, if I heard a situation about one family who could only afford … But, if I heard a situation about one family who could only afford R.R.P & had disabled or terminally ill kids who would be missing out, then even my usual bar humbug Christmas spirit would be tested :)BFN,fp.

lol, that wouldnt phase me, i have heard many sob stories when doing the bikes foe christmas at halfords. its all just to pull at the old heart strings to get what they want. i used to inform my colleagues and part time staff that as a cycle assistant we have had our heart strings removed so no one could tug on them. :-D

Original Poster

dog_cop

They will be City programmes and they are priceless.. so I will offer you … They will be City programmes and they are priceless.. so I will offer you a fiver .. :giggle: or swap you some of mine :w00t:

Lmao, i've got a full set, home/away, inc cups etc the 1st season at the new stadium, all mint, inc the Barca and TNS one's :-D.

Fiver? Could you collect and for cash?

Banned

boydent999

Lmao, i've got a full set, home/away, inc cups etc the 1st season at the … Lmao, i've got a full set, home/away, inc cups etc the 1st season at the new stadium, all mint, inc the Barca and TNS one's :-D.Fiver? Could you collect and for cash?

yes.. are all the itmes unmarked, no folds, no beer on them or bovril, sweat marks, pen marks, have you breathed on them , read them, has anyone else read them, have they got any spelling mistakes, did you place them between to large editions of the oxford encyclopidia as you bought them, if so I MIGHT be interested :w00t:

or swap you for some from the 70`s all mint of course :whistling:

I don't have a problem with people selling stuff over RRP. If you can get more than you paid for an item for whatever reason then fair dues. But surely a community based forum like this is not the place? Or do I have that bit wrong? Is it everyman for themselves on here? Again, I use other forums that are not like this and assumed that it was the case all over.

What does make me laugh however is the fact that there are people selling their overpriced stuff (not just Wii's) here and no-one is interested, yet they still post new for sale threads knowing this and wonder why they get a lack of response.

As for being bitter? Why would I be bitter, I have a Wii here, bought on launch day. I work in a college so cannot spend all day sitting by my computer refreshing web pages, and I was looking out for one for my brother (who for the record is disabled - but didn't want to use his disability to possibly thwart the efforts of someone else getting one from this forum). If I cant get one for him before Xmas I'll wait until after Xmas. It's no bother.

Its funny how people assume things yet in reality know very little.

Sloth/Mod

Simon_G

As for being bitter? Why would I be bitter, I have a Wii here, bought on … As for being bitter? Why would I be bitter, I have a Wii here, bought on launch day. I work in a college so cannot spend all day sitting by my computer refreshing web pages, and I was looking out for one for my brother (who for the record is disabled - but didn't want to use his disability to possibly thwart the efforts of someone else getting one from this forum). If I cant get one for him before Xmas I'll wait until after Xmas. It's no bother.Its funny how people assume things yet in reality know very little.

It was a joke comment.........hence the giggle. :roll:

As i said in a previous comment in the other thread, i'd prefer people sold them at RRP but you can't dictate to people what they ask and it is a sellers market at the end of the day.

And you're right about assuming............i assumed people here had a sense of humour ages ago and then found out it's a hitler-esque politically correct forum in the main.

Getting back to Wii pricing.....I think you should be able to sell it for what ever your want.....I had bought one from Amazon.de while the dvd drive on my wii was broke....but just after i bought a new one had a phone cann and said it could be fixed..
Now stuck with this wii and think i'm gonna sell it for what i apid for it ? NO
I will not sell it for less than £250.....If you can make a few quid on something then i am all for it.

I know Syzable, and I took it tongue on cheek

I just wanted to put a few others right, that was all.

Original Poster

@Dog_Cop.....alas i cannot commit to such a deal. The small child who sat in front of me at COMS, was always bitter he didn't get a wii, and when i wasn't looking, he would place small ticks next to the player's names, had a great skill at drawing comedy moustaches on player's, Distin had an amazing Van Dyke Style beard for several additions, and he gave Richard Dunne, blonde curly locks. So, perhaps when i said mint, i was fibbing a bit. Is it an offence to lie to a Dog_Cop btw?

@Simon_G. Your post, to me at least really did seem like you have a beef at folks selling over RRP. So, i ask you again, can i buy your house please, for what you paid, given, using your own logic, it is a community based site. I think that's fair extending your own logic don't you? No, quelle surprisé!

This is not an everyman for himself forum, not at all, look at the amount of posts on here, but folks buying wii's realise the market price now is above rrp. There are enough folks telling folks where and when to get a wii, what techniques to use etc. Aside from someone becoming an official wii buyer (wanna volunteer?) and buy for folks who cannot refresh a web page all day, what are we to do?

Reading your post, you have one. Why not do the "decent thing" then and sell it on to someone? Didn't think so........

Sloth/Mod

Simon_G

I know Syzable, and I took it tongue on cheek :)I just wanted to put a … I know Syzable, and I took it tongue on cheek :)I just wanted to put a few others right, that was all.

:thumbsup:

We live in a capatilist society where consumerism is God.

That's it really.........................................

Sloth/Mod

hottoshop

We live in a capatilist society where consumerism is God.That's it … We live in a capatilist society where consumerism is God.That's it really.........................................

My name is not consumerism.........:? :thinking: ;-) :giggle:

Banned

sorry to say boydent but I will have to report you for trying to sell me defective goods, unless you drop your price somewhat or give me a wii ( so i can re sell it at a vast profit ):thumbsup: :giggle:

mmm its sunday and time to hand out some green love :whistling:

@Simon_G. Your post, to me at least really did seem like you have a beef … @Simon_G. Your post, to me at least really did seem like you have a beef at folks selling over RRP

Well I can only assume that you read it wrong. I was merely comparing to other forums that do not allow the sale of goods over RRP. (NTSC-UK, RLLMUK, AVFORUMS, DVDForums etc), and surprised that a forum as large as this does not run on the same ethos.

Its not beef at selling over RRP, more confusion thinking that this place was the same as many others, which it would seem is not the case in regards to selling over RRP.

Hope that cleared it up.

Reading your post, you have one. Why not do the "decent thing" then and … Reading your post, you have one. Why not do the "decent thing" then and sell it on to someone? Didn't think so........

Because I am not in the market to sell mine. Hardly comparable to someone who has bought one just to sell on now is it?

Original Poster

:-( Ok, i'll deliver them to you, for free and throw in a wii too....when i find one.....oh look, i've got 2

Must admit Simon, i don't frequent those forums, so cannot say. Thing is though, if folks didn't sell wii's on here, they'd only sell them on ebay anyways. It's better for a seller cos they avoid the fees. Not sure if the buyer gains much mind.

If HUKD's did decide to ban capitalism, then i am sure they'd just not be sold here, but as i say on ebay

Banned

boydent999

:-( Ok, i'll deliver them to you, for free and throw in a wii too....when … :-( Ok, i'll deliver them to you, for free and throw in a wii too....when i find one.....oh look, i've got 2

your telling porkies again :whistling:

Original Poster

dog_cop

your telling porkies again :whistling:

Porkies? No, no way, not me. I'll sell you one, for £750, inc the programmes then, final offer, or you can have both, inc programmes for £600 lol

Banned

boydent999

Porkies? No, no way, not me. I'll sell you one, for £750, inc the … Porkies? No, no way, not me. I'll sell you one, for £750, inc the programmes then, final offer, or you can have both, inc programmes for £600 lol

mmmm sounds cheap to me what about.. a grand all in :?

Must admit Simon, i don't frequent those forums, so cannot say.

As I said before in another thread, it makes for a better trading experience as there is hardly any "bickering" and everyone knows they will be getting a "HotDeal" (Sorry had to get that in there:))

And before anyone comes back with a smarty bottomed comment like "If you dont like it here then go back there", yes I do still use those places for trading as well as here ;-)

Original Poster

dog_cop

mmmm sounds cheap to me what about.. a grand all in :?

Can you pay Syzable for them? And i will sort him out with the goods, like we did last week? Is he back from holiday yet.....?
Grand all in, btw, the programmes that have been, shall we say, annotated by aforementioned Junior Blue, he has signed his artwork, so i may sell them separately in case he becomes a famous artisté

Simon_G

And before anyone comes back with a smarty bottomed comment like "If you … And before anyone comes back with a smarty bottomed comment like "If you dont like it here then go back there", yes I do still use those places for trading as well as here ;-)

I'd not say that, not to you or anyone, always nice to hear how the other 'arf lives

On a slightly off topic note did I not read somewhere that Nintendo are blocking WiiKey modding through their update system ?

If you mod your Wii can you still use all the Wii channels and updates ?

Also didn't Nintendo issue Mario Galaxy with something on it so it wouldn't play on a modded Wii ? If so what's to stop them doing that with every release ?

Is the WiiKey modding thing JUST for pirated games ? If not what else can you do with it ?

Interesting subject, someone enlighten me please.

regards

Sloth/Mod

Yep, send me the money.................all safe here. :-D

[SIZE=1]Off to look for flights again. Mmmmm.......Xmas in the Dominican. :whistling: [/SIZE]

Banned

[quote=boydent999]Can you pay Syzable for them? And i will sort him out with the goods, like we did last week? Is he back from holiday yet.....?
Grand all in, btw, the programmes that have been, shall we say, annotated by aforementioned Junior Blue, he has signed his artwork, so i may sell them separately in case he becomes a famous artisté

Oh now your moving the goal post and getting some dubious bloke involved , it sounds very dodgy to me and I ought to ask dino some stupid question about should I talk to some bloke like you and should I give £1000 pounds to some third world nigerian blokes who have promised some famous art work but an as yet un discovered junior blue.. plus I need to go an start another thread moaning about something or other for the sake of it .. the deal is OFF

Original Poster

Sy, why don't you post a deal request for flights/hols?

Oh no, wait DC has bailed! I cannot believe you have pulled out of the deal. Can you do that? Surely you have broken the rules? We agreed, just cos i changed my mind about what i had for sale, twice, surely is not grounds for doing so? Surely? I am gonna start a thread about you now. Shill Bidder!

Banned

boydent999

Sy, why don't you post a deal request for flights/hols? :)Oh no, wait DC … Sy, why don't you post a deal request for flights/hols? :)Oh no, wait DC has bailed! I cannot believe you have pulled out of the deal. Can you do that? Surely you have broken the rules? We agreed, just cos i changed my mind about what i had for sale, twice, surely is not grounds for doing so? Surely? I am gonna start a thread about you now. Shill Bidder!

SCAMMER !!!!

Original Poster

dog_cop

SCAMMER !!!!

:? that's libel! I shall see you in court, twice! Once for libel, 2nd time for Small Claim's Court! I had already spent the grand on 6 wii's that i had found at Argos this morning. I am skint now, i cannot afford to lose £1000 that i was gonna turn into £1500 :?
See you in court! Twice!

Banned

boydent999

:? that's libel! I shall see you in court, twice! Once for libel, 2nd … :? that's libel! I shall see you in court, twice! Once for libel, 2nd time for Small Claim's Court! I had already spent the grand on 6 wii's that i had found at Argos this morning. I am skint now, i cannot afford to lose £1000 that i was gonna turn into £1500 :?See you in court! Twice!

no you wont... and GMP serious fraud squad are on the way to your house as we speak, so as you will be down the pokey for many years you wont have any use for wii or your collection of top draw programmes , plus I told them you actually stole them from me last night as you drove over 500 miles round trip in an hour and had them away from my gaff. as the wii`s were high quality door stops.. :santa: :-D

Original Poster

dog_cop

no you wont... and GMP serious fraud squad are on the way to your house … no you wont... and GMP serious fraud squad are on the way to your house as we speak, so as you will be down the pokey for many years you wont have any use for wii or your collection of top draw programmes , plus I told them you actually stole them from me last night as you drove over 500 miles round trip in an hour and had them away from my gaff. as the wii`s were high quality door stops.. :santa: :-D

Lmfao!

Damn, no way, the fuzz are on their way? :? It's ok, i'll use my car, the one that drives at 500mph to get away, take that copper! Let's see your dog keep up with that
BTW, low quality door stops :whistling:

Banned

boydent999

Lmfao!Damn, no way, the fuzz are on their way? :? It's ok, i'll use my … Lmfao!Damn, no way, the fuzz are on their way? :? It's ok, i'll use my car, the one that drives at 500mph to get away, take that copper! Let's see your dog keep up with that :pBTW, low quality door stops :whistling:

yeah my dog has a jet car that does 510mph so take that scammer :w00t:

Original Poster

dog_cop

yeah my dog has a jet car that does 510mph so take that scammer … yeah my dog has a jet car that does 510mph so take that scammer :w00t:

....and a licence to drive it? This is radical

Banned

boydent999

....and a licence to drive it? This is radical

strange word..

right Mum says I cant talk to you no more as I have to go and clean my bedroom :x

Original Poster

dog_cop

strange word..right Mum says I cant talk to you no more as I have to go … strange word..right Mum says I cant talk to you no more as I have to go and clean my bedroom :x

Lol, ok, i'll see you later on I'll fill my time deciding on which of the two wii's i have to open, take pics of, or sell on ebay, perhaps on here :giggle:

Banned

Syzable

I think it's fine to sell at whatever you want. If people don't want to … I think it's fine to sell at whatever you want. If people don't want to pay then no-one is forcing them to.

Whilst that may be true, you could ask what the point of a "RRP" actually is? In days gone by, I thought it was illegal to charge over that price? People get nicked at football matches for charging over the odds, whats the difference?

I think some people are just bitter they can't find one. :giggle:

I dont want one (I value my Plasma too much!), but it applies to any item over the RRP. Personally, I hate "Black Markets" and all the time retaillers are allowed to profit by it, its not a good thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text