price rise at talk talk cancel within 30 days

Found 3rd Jul 2017
price rise

cancel contract in 30 days from today if you want to move from talk talk now's the time.

2731679.jpg

14 Comments

I thought they have a fixed system of 18 month no price rise....maybe wrong.

The leaflet I got through the door today, says prices fixed for 18 months.

Unlike Plusnet, phoned me a couple of months ago, brought price down by about £2, a month later, prices went up by about a £1.

You can save a few quid (2.50 a month) with a little trick I found today...

I went to cancel my Anytime call boost as it was £7.50 a month and I dont think I make that many calls to warrant it.

Logged in, cancelled the boost (it said it would take a few hours to cancel/update)

Went back in to view my phone boosts again and now it had the £7.50 crossed out and that I could add the boost back again for £5 a month (for 12 month, probably on new contract).

If anyone does want the call boost and doesnt care about being locked in for 12 months, worth doing to save £2.50.

Original Poster

Adam7861233 h, 42 m ago

I thought they have a fixed system of 18 month no price rise....maybe …I thought they have a fixed system of 18 month no price rise....maybe wrong.

​told me the same but got email today
at least can leave and get a better deal elsewhere

I had to take TalkTalk to the ombudsman! I won BTW! They're an absolute shower! Wouldn't go back to them if they were giving away 6 months free!

I haven't received this email yet can I just call up and say I have received it and cancel they are the worst company I've ever dealt with
Edited by: "Dbubz" 5th Jul 2017

Guys just go to any Carphone warehouse, they are cheaper then anyone else and they sort out the cancellation of your current provider, no dramas

Original Poster

Dbubz22 h, 56 m ago

I haven't received this email yet can I just call up and say I have …I haven't received this email yet can I just call up and say I have received it and cancel they are the worst company I've ever dealt with

Should think so
Happened before and I didn't get email I still cancelled.
But don't put it off takes about 5 minutes and they try offerring deals just say no.
Your cancelling indeed terms and conditions because of price rise and that's it.
Sky is doing broadband no TV £18:99 and free£75 shopping voucher so that's not bad
Good luck

i haven't heard of no new price rises, i am sick of talk talk raising prices every few months for my 5mb speed

Original Poster

jonmarz897th Jul

i haven't heard of no new price rises, i am sick of talk talk raising …i haven't heard of no new price rises, i am sick of talk talk raising prices every few months for my 5mb speed

Just call them today and ask to cancel the through terms and conditions and refuse any offers they throw at you.
Doesn't take long.
You don't need email but there's 30 from when I put this on hot deals but just do it now and if you find another provider they will transfer soon as possible

cjendi5 h, 1 m ago

Just call them today and ask to cancel the through terms and conditions …Just call them today and ask to cancel the through terms and conditions and refuse any offers they throw at you.Doesn't take long.You don't need email but there's 30 from when I put this on hot deals but just do it now and if you find another provider they will transfer soon as possible

i spoke to loyal rewards online chat and first try to offer me above and then the 19.95 fixed for 24 months, i said i can get it for 19.95 18 months by just clicking on link my self, so i said bye, i shop around. i can't get fibre unless virgin, she was talking like i was. am idiot, my free Internet runs. out on 8 August and my contract 2 feb, been with them for like two years

Original Poster

I've had that problem before
They're trick is trying to get people to get a longer contract on phone line so they continue their broadband and forever overlap.
I had that before and told them that I've cancelled why would I keep the phone line so they cancelled it.sky doing broadband £18.99 a month no TV and £75 shopping voucher but they will keep calling you to try connect TV and again try to waffle you when you try cancel.
Remember contract with talk talk will end when you have transferred to new provider so the sooner you find your new broadband the better.

Original Poster

Dbubz5th Jul

I haven't received this email yet can I just call up and say I have …I haven't received this email yet can I just call up and say I have received it and cancel they are the worst company I've ever dealt with

Yes read my comments
Call straight away only takes minutes and then get new provider soon as possible
Post a comment
@
    Text