Pricematch Richer Sounds vs Currys

As the title suggests, do Currys price match against Richer Sounds deals plus 10% off? Ive seen a Panasonic TH37PX80 plasma which is 499.99 in Richer Sounds and 549.99 in Currys. Thanks

8 Comments

these are the only companys that currys now pricematch:-The Currys price promise applies to the lowest price offered by these retailers, whether that’s online or in-store:

Argos, Comet, PCWorld, John Lewis
B&Q, Jessops, Tesco, Asda

i have copied this of there web site, i rang them yesterday to query a product and was directed to this page on there web site:?

Original Poster

Many thanks

may depend on the manager's discretion in the currys store

The answer is yes if there is a Richer Sounds close enough to the branch.

I saved £165 on a Panasonic TX32LZD85 last autumn as the Hanley branch is close by.

Despite their T&C's, most Currys stores will match ANY retailer physically within a few miles and certainly if its on the same retail park.

My old Currys was next door to a now defunct Empire Direct. If they wouldn't price match + 10% you just threatened to walk next door. Needless to say they price matched every single time (so long as it was in stock at Empire).

The T&C's say not, but the manager's discretion nearly always says yes... it's a lost sale otherwise. :thumbsup:

kar999;4358917

The answer is yes if there is a Richer Sounds close enough of the … The answer is yes if there is a Richer Sounds close enough of the branch.I saved £165 on a Panasonic TX32LZD85 last autumn as the Hanley branch is close by.Despite their T&C's, most Currys stores will match ANY retailer physically within a few miles and certainly if its on the same retail park.My old Currys was next door to a now defunct Empire Direct. If they wouldn't price match + 10% you just threatened to walk next door. Needless to say tehy price matched everysingle time (so long as it was in stock at Empire).The T&C's say not, but the manager discretion nearly always says yes... it's a lost sale otherwise. :thumbsup:

+1

I did the same with my KDL40W4000, it applies only if the branch is within 10 mile radius

Why not just buy from Richer Sounds???

Dude1971;4563784

Why not just buy from Richer Sounds???

Because if they pricematch and knock off 10% its nearly a £100 saving . .

But Richer Sounds will be cheaper if you want a warranty as well...just my two pence!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
    2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
    3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
    4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions