Prices of secondhand games/consoles on ebay are mental

Just been looking at games/consoles on all platforms from nes to ps4 and seen the prices for secondhand ps4/xbone consoles/games being bidded for at mad prices.
The prices were more then buying the items new. Crazy.

13 Comments

This has always happened. Either they can't get to a store, not aware or bothered to shop around for couple quid cheaper deals or some people in EU can't order from GAME or Amazon and use eBay resellers.

The prices aren't mental the people who buy them are.

The older consoles like the nes are high in demand for people using the cases for projects so even the none functioning ones will sell for £20+.
As for the newer consoles not sure.

Original Poster

The older consoles I can understand from a retro point, I have dabbled myself with a pristine snes and megadrive recently but the newer ps4 etc, the prices being bidded are odd as they have access to the Internet but choose to buy secondhand instead from eBay. oO

Same as people voting hot for deals on here when they've been cheaper in the past. Put a Wii u console only deal on here for £169 and I guarantee it'll go hot despite better deals years ago.

i made a business out of buying Nexus 6's from eBay for £160 and selling them to gullible folk shopping on Amazon for over 300 each!! highest one was 360 quid

ebay is the go to shopping place for some folks.

jaydeeuk1

Same as people voting hot for deals on here when they've been cheaper in … Same as people voting hot for deals on here when they've been cheaper in the past. Put a Wii u console only deal on here for £169 and I guarantee it'll go hot despite better deals years ago.

Didn't they stop manufacturing the Wii u and moved production onto the switch ready for release?
I heard the stock of them dropped like crazy within the last month or two.

I think the retro consoles are pretty cheap on the whole. Many of them can be bought for sub-£50 with games and controllers. Some cracking games can be bought for peanuts too.

Nah, all these high prices are because people just want to use there pay pal money up.

Banned

People are willing to pay high prices so let 'em. What was the question?

Spasho

People are willing to pay high prices so let 'em. What was the question?

Don't worry yourself, response #1 got it covered.

Banned

ibblackberry1

Don't worry yourself, response #1 got it covered.

Pretty much the same except for the Amazon part.

I've been buying old stock of a certain console for cheap from Amazon and then reselling on eBay. To be fair, I always auction at starting 99p so I'm being just.

People decide how much they want to pay for it and that's fine with me.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
    2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
    4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions