Pricing Advertisement?

4 replies
Found 13th May 2009
Hi all,
I'm running a student society, and we're due to publish our annual periodical shortly. The only thing is I'v been left a tad short on funding, and thus have to resort to selling advert space.
The publication would be sent to 2000 students, and be 4 pages (2 folded sheets of a3) in full colour. How much should I be asking for advertisement space?
Thanks!
Sean

4 Comments

A bi-monthly free paper which is distributed round my area to 3000 homes charges £12.50 for a business card sized advert. Black and white only.

Tenner?

edit: didn't see it was an annual thing. maybe more then..

Original Poster

This is a little more targeted a market than a mass mailing so I'd hope that would make student oriented adverts worth more, and I could only include 2-4 adverts as otherwise it would look rather cluttered I think, and detract from the advertisements in it - it can't be something like the local free papers which have nearly all adverts and no content.
Yeah it is supposed to be an annual thing, as funds allow at least!

Original Poster

Anyone who has bought advertisement comment on the price?
My total shortfall is about £120, am I going to get anywhere near this?

Original Poster

Sorry to bump this, but could do with a little help Don't want to go pitching too high and looking an idiot, or selling too cheaply either.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help please55
    2. Gearbest Delivery Never Came - British Priority Mail1618
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc45
    4. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge918

See more discussions