Groups

Prickly Heat

Banned
    Hi there, my mum suffers from prickly heat in weather like this and when she goes away.
    As fair as i know there are no cures for it?
    But if anyone can shed light to that there could be, would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

22 Comments

I take piraton a couple of days before & every day. It controls it rather than cures it. Any allery type tablet should help.

Original Poster Banned

elainemn;2071278

I take piraton a couple of days before & every day. It controls it rather … I take piraton a couple of days before & every day. It controls it rather than cures it. Any allery type tablet should help.

WHat do u mean controls it?
    Does it reduce it? to a minimal?

antihistamines (benedrill is good) and witch hazel also works for me.

Original Poster Banned

karri123;2071286

antihistamines (benedrill is good) and witch hazel also works for me.

Do you not get it?
    Or do you get it still. but not as much?

jizzm;2071287

Do you not get it? Or do you get it still. but not as much?

Touch wood, ive not suffered badly for years...

hi i had it so bad i looked like i had serious bruises-suffered for years til one day by accident was on the beach all day without suncream (!) burnt and tanned and havent had it since-i dont use any high factor creams just oils and wash off well. I feel sure it was the high factors did it and i just read in the other thread about suncream that docs said the factor 30and above have wax in them...i always used 40 or more as i had the *****ly heat and i think it was the worse thing i could have done..

Original Poster Banned

karri123;2071296

Touch wood, ive not suffered badly for years...

Karri what type of witch hazel, tablet form or lotion?

Aloe vera gel helps - it soothes and also seems to remove the problem. (You can get the gel in Boots and probably other chemists)

Original Poster Banned

louloo;2071304

hi i had it so bad i looked like i had serious bruises-suffered for years … hi i had it so bad i looked like i had serious bruises-suffered for years til one day by accident was on the beach all day without suncream (!) burnt and tanned and havent had it since-i dont use any high factor creams just oils and wash off well. I feel sure it was the high factors did it and i just read in the other thread about suncream that docs said the factor 30and above have wax in them...i always used 40 or more as i had the *****ly heat and i think it was the worse thing i could have done..

Hi there, thanks for your input, what oil do you use now?
    And what strength?
    Cheers

i just use about factor 6 and any! i just dont stay in the sun to burn too much and i tan quite well. I had never tanned til i was around 35 years old (a little as a child no cream) and because i had a bad time once i used factor 40plus and always had *****ly heat so bad i couldnt sleep sometimes on hols-i didnt even need the sun just the heat would do it 3 or 4 days into the hol til the end. Anyway now i just take care i dont overdo it and once i have a bit of a tan i find i can stay out more. I have been to egypt and turkey in august without problems! i know what a nightmare it is-does your mum use high factor?

its not nice *****ly heat ,i got it every year till i used BERGADERM its a moose and does not block your pores:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

louloo;2071821

i just use about factor 6 and any! i just dont stay in the sun to burn … i just use about factor 6 and any! i just dont stay in the sun to burn too much and i tan quite well. I had never tanned til i was around 35 years old (a little as a child no cream) and because i had a bad time once i used factor 40plus and always had *****ly heat so bad i couldnt sleep sometimes on hols-i didnt even need the sun just the heat would do it 3 or 4 days into the hol til the end. Anyway now i just take care i dont overdo it and once i have a bit of a tan i find i can stay out more. I have been to egypt and turkey in august without problems! i know what a nightmare it is-does your mum use high factor?

well she had been using 20+.
    Thanks for your reply, will notify her.

What make stuf do you use?

any really just oil not cream..i just get whats on offer at home & bargain as i dont think the name matters although i get a good quality. I do think its just a case of not blocking pores. I also use avon dry oil spray as an aftersun and it sorts out the mosquitos too! brilliant about £3 a bottle..

julie 2;2071859

its not nice *****ly heat ,i got it every year till i used BERGADERM its … its not nice *****ly heat ,i got it every year till i used BERGADERM its a moose and does not block your pores:thumbsup:

sounds interesting what factor is it? and where from? thanks!!

louloo;2071951

sounds interesting what factor is it? and where from? thanks!!

sunshinehealth.co.uk/def…asp
    choose what factor u want:thumbsup:

My mum also swears by piriton. She used to really suffer but not any more.

Just been reading all your comments.. I suffer with PH and with this warm weather mine has started coming up. I also find the high factor sun creams make the situation worse so don't use sun protection creams. I tried piriton a few years ago but it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'll try some of the other options you all have been suggesting. Happy itching.

I used to suffer from PH really badly, every year, nothing would help. Then one year I decided I'd try using a sunbed (well, one of the stand up tanning cabins) to get a bit of colour for a friends wedding. I've never had it since.
    I also started to get a bit of eczema on my legs and arms this year and a couple of sessions has cleared that right up to.

I know it's supposed to not be very good for you, but if you're sensible it really does help. I used to dread summer and going on holiday because the PH was so bad, now I have no problems at all!

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all your replies people, going to give out rep now :).
    Theres enough for my mum to try

Perhaps this topic should be kept alive, or stickied or something?
    As it isnt that rare these days is it.

jizzm;2071450

Karri what type of witch hazel, tablet form or lotion?

Sorry i just saw this :oops: I use witch hazel ointment, its around £4/£5.

I've been allergic to the sun since i was born, which just means really really bad *****ly heat that then blisters & scabs.

Sadly there is no cure for it, all the doctors ever gave me is a really strong sun cream, the one they use to give me was Roc, but i think that can be expensive to buy.

piriton and a spray called solarcaine - does the trick nicely, thats what i sell to my customers anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64533
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133
      4. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***22

See more discussions