Prime members - is it worth it?

Found 17th Nov 2017
I find myself using Amazon a lot more lately and just wondered if the people currently on Prime think it's worth it?

I don't care too much for speedy delivery as I can wait so how is everyone getting their value from Prime over the year

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

I like that you don't have to spend £20 for delivery so some of the cheaper stuff is worth buying when on offer.
I'm also not that bothered about speedy delivery but it's nice to have the option.
I've used prime video quite a bit and think it offers a decent amount of stuff worth watching.
Son uses the twitch subscription.

With a few glitches a year, £5 off here £10 off there I find it pretty much pays for itself especially with a student account

One way of 'earning back' your prime subscription is to choose the 'saver' delivery which typically gives you £1 digital credit for things like music, kindle books, video, etc.

I usually don't end up waiting too long for things this way (on average 2-4 days) and I get them delivered to work so timing is not an issue.

I basically earned back my student prime this way.

My parents also use the 'free' book a month and we all use Prime Video.

It's worth it just for the grand tour alone! Can't wait till Dec 8th!
I get value from the postage plus it's cheaper than a year of Netflix.

I have prime membership , but TBH hardly worth it for me . Eligible cheapish stuff- batteries, printer cartridges etc are about £2- £3 more expensive than non prime eligible (in effect you are paying for the postage ) and more expensive than EBay .

If you use the cloud storage, the TV . music and videos it may be worth it to you . Looking back over the last year it hasn't been worth it , but I've paid the £79 for next year " in case I use it more !" . I guess I'm really an Amazon mug .

I buy most of my stuff from amazon, especially at Christmas time so just for free delivery alone it is worth it for me

I paid £59 in black Friday deal last year, mainly for grand tour. Hopefully they have the same offer this year. I've certainly made use of it, one day delivery has been very convenient for inpatient wife/children who would usually prefer to pay 3x more to have it now lol.

I would personally get it. I struggle with paying enough money to get free delivery and I’d have a little less items if I didn’t.

.MUFC.3 h, 6 m ago

I paid £59 in black Friday deal last year, mainly for grand tour. …I paid £59 in black Friday deal last year, mainly for grand tour. Hopefully they have the same offer this year. I've certainly made use of it, one day delivery has been very convenient for inpatient wife/children who would usually prefer to pay 3x more to have it now lol.

Do Amazon normally discount prime on black Friday or was this a one off?

ceanth6 h, 52 m ago

Do Amazon normally discount prime on black Friday or was this a one off?

I have no idea sorry, just they had the offer last year.

I pay full price (not sponger discounts) Absolutely worth it, there is a lot of really good content on amazon prime video, which we tend to watch more than Netflix (anything that is an amazon studio title is pretty much guaranteed to be superb)

The free delivery is just a bonus for us. I don't use kindle or music service but if you do, its even easier to justify.

I mainly use it for the video, but as a "student" it's definitely worth it at £40 for the year, especially as I still share the Prime delivery with my wife, mum and brother

If you buy an echo or dot while they are on offer, prime is pretty much essential for music. Prime music, whilst not complete, is good and you can use on your phone as well. Prime movies, like most services, is good for the first couple of months before you run out of things worth watching. Being able to get fast free delivery is also good (or freebies if you select the option). Prime as a package is unmatched anywhere else, but it’s value is in how much you use it. My kids love singing along to our echo dot, the wife likes buying stuff, and I like watching man movies on my phone (not allowed to use the tv!), so it great for us.

As above, well worth it and don't forget free books too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions