Expired

Prince 2 Manual

9 replies
Found 12th Mar 2008
Hi all,

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy a Prince2 Manual is (Project managment)?

Thanks

Chris

1. Ask
  2. Princess
9 Comments

Banned

Exactly which one are you after? I have a project management book from Uni that I don't use now I have finished. We had to learn all about PRINCE2 methodologies for the course.

Can't remember what the title is but it was the main book for us to use

Banned

ODB_69;1705792

Exactly which one are you after? I have a project management book from … Exactly which one are you after? I have a project management book from Uni that I don't use now I have finished. We had to learn all about PRINCE2 methodologies for the course.Can't remember what the title is but it was the main book for us to use

Its Project Management by Mike Field & Laurie Keller. It has a picture of Stonehenge in the evening on the cover for some unfathomable reason.

To be honest the best places all depend on what book your after

Original Poster

Hi, I am after "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Paperback) " out of intrest what course did you do?
Thanks
Chris

Banned

Chuckles1001;1724601

Hi, I am after "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Paperback) " … Hi, I am after "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Paperback) " out of intrest what course did you do?ThanksChris

I did Computing (2+2) @ Coventry, it was mostlty Database & Software Engineering but there was a lot of project stuff as well. Our lecturer was Barry Walls (I think that was his name) and he was 1 of the guys that wrote loads of PRINCE2 stuff

What course you on?

Chuckles1001;1724601

Hi, I am after "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Paperback) " … Hi, I am after "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Paperback) " out of intrest what course did you do?ThanksChris

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have the 2004 edition of "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2" currently going for £54 on Amazon but I'd take £20 for it.

I also have "Understanding PRINCE 2" by Ken Bradley which I'd throw in for an extra £10 too.

If you're interested let me know by PM and I'll set up a thread on the For Sale board

Regards,
Sara.

Original Poster

ODB_69;1730577

I did Computing (2+2) @ Coventry, it was mostlty Database & Software … I did Computing (2+2) @ Coventry, it was mostlty Database & Software Engineering but there was a lot of project stuff as well. Our lecturer was Barry Walls (I think that was his name) and he was 1 of the guys that wrote loads of PRINCE2 stuffWhat course you on?

I am not on a course just doing it for myself, I have been in project managemnt for 10 years this year 7 as a producer & 2 as a project manager and thought i should start to read a textbook on it lol

I was told a better course to do was Buiness HNC/HND with project bias, but like i said just doing it for me not bothered about doing the course that goes with it.

Original Poster

saracat;1733475

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have the 2004 edition of … I don't want to hijack this thread but I have the 2004 edition of "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2" currently going for £54 on Amazon but I'd take £20 for it.I also have "Understanding PRINCE 2" by Ken Bradley which I'd throw in for an extra £10 too.If you're interested let me know by PM and I'll set up a thread on the For Sale boardRegards,Sara.

Sorry for asking a stupid Question but is't the newest one 2005? I could not find out and its 2am in the morning so thought I should go to sleep without looking. would you take £25 for them both with shipping? also would you say they are good & easy to reffrence?

Thanks

Chris

Chuckles1001;1736498

Sorry for asking a stupid Question but is't the newest one 2005? I could … Sorry for asking a stupid Question but is't the newest one 2005? I could not find out and its 2am in the morning so thought I should go to sleep without looking. would you take £25 for them both with shipping? also would you say they are good & easy to reffrence?

As far as I know the actual content of the book hasn't changed since 2002 and there have just been a number of re-pressings of the book.

As for how easy it is to use - I used the "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2" book the most and it has really good theory sections in the main body of the book with appendices containing what documents you should have at each stage of a project and other useful 'quick reference' information at the back.

The combined weight is 2.5kg which will cost over £8 with Royal Mail Standard Parcels... so how does £30 including postage sound to you?

Okay.... if I don't hear back by this afternoon I'll assume that you don't want the manuals and I'll put them on Amazon.

Regards,
Sara.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769403
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983235
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4497
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322856

See more discussions