Groups

Prince Philip deemed fit for work after Atos work capability assessment.

Top comments

I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any good for these days is a scandal or a front cover of a magazine. They have enough wealth so they could quite easily give up their grant, saving the Tax payer £50 million per year seeing as everything else is being cut (they're worth nearly £400 million) Its very annoying when you read stories about William and Kate having a new Tax payer funded kitchen fitted while flying everywhere via Helicopter at a time when disabled people are having their money stopped, families resorting to food banks to feed their children etc....

it's just a joke. I expect it would make Prince Phil laugh...if he had any idea what Atos was, and how it affected his wife's subjects.
    24 Comments

Dreaming
    or a cup of tea

But he is far passed the retirement age and he does not persuade national policy so this is quite a poor joke and even worse 'satire'.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 5th May

RossD89

Yet he is far passed the rtirement age, nor does he persuade national … Yet he is far passed the rtirement age, nor does he persuade national policy so this is quite a poor joke.

I've seen this elsewhere today and I've wondered whether I was the only person that needed a missing the joke gif. I'm sure it made a few people laugh though.....somewhere!

RossD89

But he is far passed the retirement age and he does not persuade national … But he is far passed the retirement age and he does not persuade national policy so this is quite a poor joke and even worse 'satire'.

My thoughts exactly.

it's just a joke. I expect it would make Prince Phil laugh...if he had any idea what Atos was, and how it affected his wife's subjects.

He has worked much harder than many royals, he's put his foot in it a few times but haven't we all.
    As for the joke, it's not demeaning to him it's summing up what has happened to many a person in this country. I found it amusing, more a sad reflection on our government policies & not disrespectful to him.
    Many a person has been deemed fit that should never have been. Likewise I'm sure there are still those that know how to milk it for all it's worth.

a haha hahaha pure genius

Channel 5 are doing a new programme with The Royal Family in.It's going to be called "Balcony Scroungers"

I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any good for these days is a scandal or a front cover of a magazine. They have enough wealth so they could quite easily give up their grant, saving the Tax payer £50 million per year seeing as everything else is being cut (they're worth nearly £400 million) Its very annoying when you read stories about William and Kate having a new Tax payer funded kitchen fitted while flying everywhere via Helicopter at a time when disabled people are having their money stopped, families resorting to food banks to feed their children etc....

themachman

Channel 5 are doing a new programme with The Royal Family in.It's going … Channel 5 are doing a new programme with The Royal Family in.It's going to be called "Balcony Scroungers"

Is Ricky Tomlinson still going to be in it?

As for prince Philip.. I say PUT THAT MAN TO WORK!

but the truth is , he is a foreigner who worked until his ninties

I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any … I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any good for these days is a scandal or a front cover of a magazine. They have enough wealth so they could quite easily give up their grant, saving the Tax payer £50 million per year seeing as everything else is being cut (they're worth nearly £400 million) Its very annoying when you read stories about William and Kate having a new Tax payer funded kitchen fitted while flying everywhere via Helicopter at a time when disabled people are having their money stopped, families resorting to food banks to feed their children etc....

The Crown Estate paid directly to the HMRC £304 million pounds last year as tax revenue. The business also created thousands of jobs, locally and nationally. This covers the Sovereign grant of £38 million ( 15% - 25%* of their overall revenue) which is used to pay for the royal household, buildings' maintenance - Buckingham Palace*, prominent state occasions, travel, and other costs excluding security. So the net surplus is roughly £260 million pounds to the HMRC. Also this doesn't include the factor of attracting holiday makers desiring to visit the facilities and country of our living Monarchy. More importantly though millions of the population feel proud, passionate about the Royalty who bring a smile to those individuals, and public through attending special state occasions.

nemesiz

The Crown Estate paid directly to the HMRC £304 million pounds last year … The Crown Estate paid directly to the HMRC £304 million pounds last year as tax revenue. The business also created thousands of jobs, locally and nationally. This covers the Sovereign grant of £38 million ( 15% - 25%* of their overall revenue) which is used to pay for the royal household, buildings' maintenance - Buckingham Palace*, prominent state occasions, travel, and other costs excluding security. So the net surplus is roughly £260 million pounds to the HMRC. Also this doesn't include the factor of attracting holiday makers desiring to visit the facilities and country of our living Monarchy. More importantly though millions of the population feel proud, passionate about the Royalty who bring a smile to those individuals, and public through attending special state occasions.

Well my point is still valid, they're a asset rich organisation worth hundreds of millions so why are Tax payers still footing the bill for kitchens and Kate and Wills obsession with flying everywhere by private helicopter. They have enough wealth meaning they could easily cover these costs themselves.

freakstyler

I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any … I just don't see the point in the Royals anymore. All they seem to be any good for these days is a scandal or a front cover of a magazine. They have enough wealth so they could quite easily give up their grant, saving the Tax payer £50 million per year seeing as everything else is being cut (they're worth nearly £400 million) Its very annoying when you read stories about William and Kate having a new Tax payer funded kitchen fitted while flying everywhere via Helicopter at a time when disabled people are having their money stopped, families resorting to food banks to feed their children etc....

​the royal family bring more money into the country than they cost..check it out...

lets be completely honest with out the royal family we would only be a small island that means nothing to anyone. I hear this argument time after time and sometimes i even think the same myself. But the reality is lots of country's love our royal family and would even protect it. If we had no royal family we would of been taken over long ago and would just be a pointless island on the side of Europe with no meaning. The £ even moved the other day when news broke that something was happening with in the royal family. People love the queen but i am not so sure about our future king Charles i believe the £ will move a lot when he takes the throne i also don't think he will have as much like around the world as the queen gets and that wont change until prince William and Kate take the throne. Some people wont agree with what i am saying but the £ is in part as strong as it is because of the royal family and we as an island are where we are on the world board in part because of the royals.
    Edited by: "larrylightweight" 6th May

Original Poster

RossD89

But he is far passed the retirement age and he does not persuade national … But he is far passed the retirement age and he does not persuade national policy so this is quite a poor joke and even worse 'satire'.

​Hmmm, not be be controversial but the idea of the spoof news announcement is to DENOUNCE Atos and their stupid decisions. Personally I have nothing but respect for the Prince - how he puts up with all the peurile sycophants I don't know. He deserves a break. If you want to find out about Atos, here's a link to a 'whistleblower' telling what it is and what really happens. Frightening really!

kittysjones.wordpress.com/201…ts/
    Edited by: "mrty" 6th May

I don't understand how someone on benefits can attack a man who has worked so hard all of his life and remains so humble. He has done more good than all of us combined

freakstyler

Well my point is still valid, they're a asset rich organisation worth … Well my point is still valid, they're a asset rich organisation worth hundreds of millions so why are Tax payers still footing the bill for kitchens and Kate and Wills obsession with flying everywhere by private helicopter. They have enough wealth meaning they could easily cover these costs themselves.

Because £304mil minus £38mil = £266.
    , So no it's not valid is it unless the kitchen cost the government 266 million. Not even getting into other ways the generate money for society.

john767676

I don't understand how someone on benefits can attack a man who has … I don't understand how someone on benefits can attack a man who has worked so hard all of his life and remains so humble. He has done more good than all of us combined

no one is having a go its ajoke about atos

and a very good joke too highlighting the disgusting way our govenment is treating the ill and disabled

could you afford a £30 per week drop in your income? when your weekly income is less than £180? and for no reason, you are no healthier than you were last week

callu80

the royal family bring more money into the country than they cost..check … the royal family bring more money into the country than they cost..check it out...

Rubbish, tourist will still come to see the palaces, cutting their heads off never stopped people visiting the palaces in France and similar applies to the forbidden city, the palaces in Russia etc

john767676

I don't understand how someone on benefits can attack a man who has … I don't understand how someone on benefits can attack a man who has worked so hard all of his life and remains so humble. He has done more good than all of us combined

He's on benefits too, lots of em with a unlimited cap.

Error440

Rubbish, tourist will still come to see the palaces, cutting their heads … Rubbish, tourist will still come to see the palaces, cutting their heads off never stopped people visiting the palaces in France and similar applies to the forbidden city, the palaces in Russia etc

They don't go specifically to see the Royal Family, last Royal Wedding is estimated to booster the economy by £2bn.

catbeans

They don't go specifically to see the Royal Family, last Royal Wedding is … They don't go specifically to see the Royal Family, last Royal Wedding is estimated to booster the economy by £2bn.

They go to see the buildings and they will still be there and completely open too, anyway its typical of this country that we knocked off our royals then imported replacement ones, Britain never changes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good44
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764480
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846258
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4175

See more discussions