Prince2, AgilePM, MSP Project & Programme Management Course Bundle On Groupon, Any Good? Any Opinions?

I can see a few threads on HUKD's Ask about Prince2 courses - my brother is interested in this - though he wants a bundle that includes the exam.

How about this one? groupon.co.uk/dea…-40 PRINCE2®, AgilePM® and MSP® Project and Programme Management Course Bundle from SPOCE £149 (think the current ADVENT1 10% off code for Goods & Services will work, which would take it to £134.10).

Groupon blurb says:

The Course Bundle Includes

PRINCE2® Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Course Modules: Getting Started|Introduction to Prince2|Processes SU and IP|Processes CS and MP|Processes DB SB and CP|Organization Theme Module|Business Case Theme Module|Risk Theme Module|Plans Theme Module|Quality Theme Module|Change Theme Module|Progress Theme Module|Exam Preparation Module

spoce.com/cou…spx

AgilePM® Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Course Modules: The Fundamentals and the Philosophy|The Principles|Preparation|The Lifecycle and Products|Team structures|Roles and Responsibilities|Communication|MoSCoW and Timeboxing|Lifecycle Configuration|Estimation and Measurement|Quality and Maintainability|Planning, Control and Risk|Implementing Agile Project Management|Agile PM Foundation Exam|Exam Preparation Module

spoce.com/cou…spx

Accredited online MSP® Programme Management Foundation and Practitioner Course Modules: Getting Started|Introduction to MSP|Organization and Programme Office|Vision|Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement|Benefits Management|Blueprint Design and Delivery|Planning and Control|The Business Case|Risk and Issue Management|Quality and Assurance Management|Transformational Flow|Exam Preparation Module

spoce.com/cou…spx

About SPOCE

An APMG-accredited training organisation, SPOCE offers a range of project, programme and risk management courses, carried out either using online distance learning methods or through workshops conducted by their network of independent trainers. Options range from change management to facilitation and beyond, focusing on methods pioneered by a host of names associated with best-practice in the field.

SPOCE Company Website spoce.com/

Validity: Must redeem by 16 Mar 2017. Course content available for 12 months from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 5 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: spoce.com/cou…spx. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Must be 16 or older. Internet connection required. Excludes exam.
Original values: Verified using our merchant's website on 23 Mar 2016.

Any advice, opinions, or better deals would be much appreciated Thanks

7 Comments

Original Poster

Another code I can see is NEW25, if he signed up with a new email address and used NEW25 (25% off and up to 10% quidco), max discount £30, takes it to £119 hotukdeals.com/vou…050

That's probably the best price I can get? Wondering about the course providers, SPOCE, too.

I did a Prince2 a few years back. I decided to do a week intensive course which I believe was around £900 back then with a company called skill solve. You could try calling them and haggle on the phone as I'm sure they would be flexible. I think when I did it they chucked in the books for free.

Since doing my Prince2 I have never actually used it lol but it's a good way of getting your foot in the door when it comes to Project Management which I assume he wants to get into.

ceanth

I did a Prince2 a few years back. I decided to do a week intensive course … I did a Prince2 a few years back. I decided to do a week intensive course which I believe was around £900 back then with a company called skill solve. You could try calling them and haggle on the phone as I'm sure they would be flexible. I think when I did it they chucked in the books for free. Since doing my Prince2 I have never actually used it lol but it's a good way of getting your foot in the door when it comes to Project Management which I assume he wants to get into.

I know in work we moved away from Agile and onto Clarizen although it is still good methodology to have and as said above is a good door opener into Project Management. Although as you've noticed yourself the course doesn't include any of the exams and you know what they say about when a price looks to good to be true.
clarizen.com/

Original Poster

Thanks guys, it's all useful to know. I'll send on this thread to him

louiselouise

Thanks guys, it's all useful to know. I'll send on this thread to him

If he is in work at the minute and thinks it might further himself in his own job or within his current firm it is always worth while asking them. I know in my place we put up 50% fees and a further 25% upon completion (you must sign a normally 5 year deed or pay back fees on a sliding scale if you leave sooner) and if it is job related normally can be talked into making it free. Otherwise if out of work always worthwhile also asking at local job centre or whatever they are called these days! Check also with local colleges for offers up and coming.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Dec 2016

I would concentrate on one at once and go for something that includes the exam and classes. It can be quite intensive and a 3 day course makes it so much easier as you are absorbed in the subject. Trying to learn all 3 with zero personal tuition and guidance would be very difficult.

It might be worth your brother asking his employer as most are receptive to training and may cover the full cost.

My other half did the Prince 2 foundation and practitioner (class based) and has never looked back. Her salary increased dramatically and now she is a fully fledged senior project manager. She is now tackling her six sigma black belt.

Also to add Prince 2 exams are around £250 each! So not cheap if you fail on the first attempt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
    4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions