Printer

Posted 24th Mar
Hi. I am looking to get a new printer/scanner. i have seen few very cheap on Currys but I know that running them would be expensive (buying Inks).
I currently have an Epson WF-2750 which is great and I buy ink cartridges on eBay for cheap (compatible)
which one would you recommend? something good and cheap to run in long term.

Thank you for helping me out
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
It depends on how much you’re going to be using it.
I’m going to champion the Hp Printers and their Hp instant ink subscription service from £1.99 per month for 50 pages. Most Hp printers come with a certain number of months of HP instant ink for free.
I would get a mono laser printer and a document scanner separate. I work in IT and endlessly throw away those horrible inkjet scanner printer all in one things.

But are you sure this isn't just a flash in the pan? I don't know your circumstances but could you be back in the office after all this covid 19 crisis is over wishing you hadn't wasted the cash on it?

I wouldn't touch that Epson.
Edited by: "mogsog" 24th Mar
Typically how many printed sheets per month?
About 5-10 A4 sheets per month
AndyRoyd24/03/2020 21:07

Typically how many printed sheets per month?

And where are you looking to improve on your current printer?
EndlessWaves24/03/2020 21:10

And where are you looking to improve on your current printer?

Just printing. I rarely use the scanner
shahid3624/03/2020 21:11

Just printing. I rarely use the scanner

Better printing in what way? Faster? Higher quality text? Better Photos?
If you want an ink jet stick with Epson as you can always get cheap compatibles for them.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 24th Mar
shahid3624/03/2020 21:09

If cost is the main factor; choose any of the cheap(est) HP all-in-one devices. No need to bother with any Instant Ink plans bundled with the printer, just register for the freebie Instant Ink option that provides up to 15 pages per month indefinitely. The printer will cost will be sub-£50; previously starting from £30 but unlikely in current climate of homeworking !
Random example printer direct HP UK: store.hp.com/UKS…PRN
Freebie II plan at instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/…/l/
EndlessWaves24/03/2020 21:12

Better printing in what way? Faster? Higher quality text? Better Photos?

Sorry i misunderstood. Normal printing. Nothing too serious. Just few letters or pdf
I’d recommend any HP printer with the Instant ink subscription.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants