Printer

Posted 16th May
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
One thing to look for is the ongoing price of ink and if generic ink carts work ok for this model.
It really depends on your needs, but generally i would advise to stay away from inkjet printers and go for a laserjet.
Initial outlay may be higher, but printing will me much cheaper and no leaks, clogged ink etc
Sandy101216/05/2020 16:18

One thing to look for is the ongoing price of ink and if generic ink carts …One thing to look for is the ongoing price of ink and if generic ink carts work ok for this model.It really depends on your needs, but generally i would advise to stay away from inkjet printers and go for a laserjet.Initial outlay may be higher, but printing will me much cheaper and no leaks, clogged ink etc

This is that instant ink thing ? Will it email you reckon ?
steveo7316/05/2020 16:21

This is that instant ink thing ? Will it email you reckon ?

I don’t think it will email. It just states scanning capability.
I usually scan something using the HP App and then attach it to an email via my phone or iPad.
Yes, it’s that instant ink thingy.
Toptrumpet16/05/2020 16:37

I don’t think it will email. It just states scanning capability. I usually …I don’t think it will email. It just states scanning capability. I usually scan something using the HP App and then attach it to an email via my phone or iPad. Yes, it’s that instant ink thingy.

Ok I can scan and email using the hp app ?,
Toptrumpet16/05/2020 16:37

I don’t think it will email. It just states scanning capability. I usually …I don’t think it will email. It just states scanning capability. I usually scan something using the HP App and then attach it to an email via my phone or iPad. Yes, it’s that instant ink thingy.

If they send me email I can print it off though ? Sorry I'm thick
steveo7316/05/2020 16:38

If they send me email I can print it off though ? Sorry I'm thick

Yes, you can do that via WiFi, but you can’t place a document in it, can it and then email it direct to someone using the printers touch pad alone.
Toptrumpet16/05/2020 16:43

Yes, you can do that via WiFi, but you can’t place a document in it, can i …Yes, you can do that via WiFi, but you can’t place a document in it, can it and then email it direct to someone using the printers touch pad alone.

Ok so how do I email a scanned document , seems like hard work ?,
steveo7316/05/2020 16:38

Ok I can scan and email using the hp app ?,

Yep, the hp Smart free app looks like this 40772379-TNSvL.jpg
Toptrumpet16/05/2020 16:46

Yep, the hp Smart free app looks like this [Image]

That's great , do this printer looks ok ?
steveo7316/05/2020 16:45

Ok so how do I email a scanned document , seems like hard work ?,

You open the app and choose ‘scan to email’, place the document in the printer and the app should bring up a white screen with a big blue dot on the right, tap the dot and then Printer will start scanning the document and will slowly appear from the top on the white screen with blue lines around the edge of it. If all the content is there, it will give you the option to save as a jpeg (photo) or as a document.
Then you go into your emails, tap in the recipient and then attach the saved item as a photo or doc.

If you want to use the printer to directly email something, you need to upgrade, as the hp2633 is a very basic model.
Such as this one Hp 5020 (Note the touchpad screen on the front)
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 16th May
Thats great purchased now , thanks for your help
Toptrumpet16/05/2020 16:55

You open the app and choose ‘scan to email’, place the document in the pri …You open the app and choose ‘scan to email’, place the document in the printer and the app should bring up a white screen with a big blue dot on the right, tap the dot and then Printer will start scanning the document and will slowly appear from the top on the white screen with blue lines around the edge of it. If all the content is there, it will give you the option to save as a jpeg (photo) or as a document. Then you go into your emails, tap in the recipient and then attach the saved item as a photo or doc. If you want to use the printer to directly email something, you need to upgrade, as the hp2633 is a very basic model. Such as this one Hp 5020 (Note the touchpad screen on the front)

That's great purchased now , cheers for your help
This is a great little printer. I have one. Subscribe to the instant ink, saves a lot of money. I've never run out .
Ringfinger16/05/2020 17:12

This is a great little printer. I have one. Subscribe to the instant ink, …This is a great little printer. I have one. Subscribe to the instant ink, saves a lot of money. I've never run out .

That's great , ty
I have a referral link for a months free ink from HP instant ink if it’s any use to you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions