Groups

printer and compatible inks

hi all. can anyone recommend a cheap printer with scanner that takes compatible inks to keep the cost down? WiFi enabled would be best thanks.

6 Comments

HP office-jet 2540

I have always gone for Epson.Once you use compatible ink don't do their updates.

Epson. Compatible carts reliable & cheap as chips

Canon MG range. I have the MG5550. Three full sets of cartridges for £9.99. I have only ever had one duff cartridge.

got a cheap brother laser printer. the Inc ink/toner so far does not seem to go down and done a fair amount of prints. I did get a cheap spare set too. prints look good

Cannon MG 5751 (White model) or MG 5750 (Black model).

I bought the white model myself a few months ago. Have since bought it for several friends. It regularly is available for £50 either at Argos, Currys, Tesco or Amazon. They seem to take turns at the prices.

Here you go - £49.99 at Argos - argos.co.uk/pro…062

I bought this because it has very good reviews. Is a combined printer, scanner and photo-copier. But most of all it is cheap to run. Each of the ink cartridges is replaceable separately so you do not have to replace ALL ink cartridges when one runs out.

Also, unlike HP and Epson, Cannon do not appear to be going down the route of chipping their firmware so that you cannot use non-Cannon inks - HP now do this and I read that this is happening with Epson printers. On Amazon there are several firms who will sell you a complete set of replacement inks for the Cannon for under £25 and they have several hundred positive reviews.

Highly recommended.

Replacement inks for the Canon are here on Amazon for £25 for a complete set.

amazon.co.uk/Off…ink

Amazon also sells cheaper brands of replacement inks but the above get recommended for this model. Or keep an eye out for an Amazon lightning deal on ink.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047080
      4. word association Game73844452

See more discussions