Printer defaulting to black and white

Posted 21st May
Hi I have just purchased a ho deskjet 2633 yesterday , everyone I try and print a photo though it keeps defaulting to black and white

I can't imagine I've run out of ink already
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
I presume you've checked the print options as you go to print and ensured greyscale is not selected or colour is selected?
Where are they ?? I've got ho smart using iPhone
I presumed you was using a computer, when you select print, you normally get options.

Did anything print in colour to start with? If so then it is likely you've run out of ink, new printers are notorious for only coming with part filled ink to get you started.

Else, check on the hp smart app on your phone to see what options are set
a666andy21/05/2020 20:16

I presumed you was using a computer, when you select print, you normally …I presumed you was using a computer, when you select print, you normally get options.Did anything print in colour to start with? If so then it is likely you've run out of ink, new printers are notorious for only coming with part filled ink to get you started.Else, check on the hp smart app on your phone to see what options are set

Yh run outta ink how do I order new instant ink please ?
steveo7321/05/2020 20:17

Yh run outta ink how do I order new instant ink please ?

I guess follow the instructions that come with the printer or your instant ink subscription, although if you have a subscription it should normally order automatically
a666andy21/05/2020 20:19

I guess follow the instructions that come with the printer or your instant …I guess follow the instructions that come with the printer or your instant ink subscription, although if you have a subscription it should normally order automatically

Ok and thanks for all your help
Had a similar HP instant ink printer and it would do this every so often. It's a well known issue and deleting all drivers etc and reinstalling was the only fix. As soon as they moved to the all in one HP smart software I got rid because it removed lots of scanning options. Removing features there as standard from first installation is not something I look for
MIDURIX21/05/2020 20:27

Had a similar HP instant ink printer and it would do this every so often. …Had a similar HP instant ink printer and it would do this every so often. It's a well known issue and deleting all drivers etc and reinstalling was the only fix. As soon as they moved to the all in one HP smart software I got rid because it removed lots of scanning options. Removing features there as standard from first installation is not something I look for

Cheers it's funny I've run out of ink and god knows how I know if they're replacing it
steveo7321/05/2020 20:24

Ok and thanks for all your help

No prob, hope you get sorted.

I've not used the instant ink personally so not sure how you find out

Starting point maybe
Edited by: "a666andy" 21st May
steveo7321/05/2020 20:28

Cheers it's funny I've run out of ink and god knows how I know if they're …Cheers it's funny I've run out of ink and god knows how I know if they're replacing it

Are you signed up to instant ink? If you haven't you won't get anything. After you've been using it for a few weeks they sort out how much you are using and always make sure you have one as a backup or time the new one to arrive in good time. Bit of advice if you do signup, they have the minium months payment as maybe £1.99 or something, but if you cancel they allow you to select a free option where you can still print 10 pages a month, hoping that you go over this and incur some fees.
MIDURIX21/05/2020 20:32

Are you signed up to instant ink? If you haven't you won't get anything. …Are you signed up to instant ink? If you haven't you won't get anything. After you've been using it for a few weeks they sort out how much you are using and always make sure you have one as a backup or time the new one to arrive in good time. Bit of advice if you do signup, they have the minium months payment as maybe £1.99 or something, but if you cancel they allow you to select a free option where you can still print 10 pages a month, hoping that you go over this and incur some fees.

Yh signed up when received it on Tues , apparently I get two month free ink
Trial
steveo7321/05/2020 20:41

Yh signed up when received it on Tues , apparently I get two month free …Yh signed up when received it on Tues , apparently I get two month free inkTrial

If you do a search you might be able to get many more months free. Think mine came with 6 or so, but ended up with over a year after adding lots of codes from various things.
MIDURIX21/05/2020 20:53

If you do a search you might be able to get many more months free. Think …If you do a search you might be able to get many more months free. Think mine came with 6 or so, but ended up with over a year after adding lots of codes from various things.

How do you add the extra codes?
This has started happening with my HP printer too, I have no idea why as I’ve had it a couple of years and it’s always been fine. The colour option is selected but all prints are black and white, ink is fine so I don’t think it’s that. Hope you find a solution.
MiniMissyMoo22/05/2020 00:24

This has started happening with my HP printer too, I have no idea why as …This has started happening with my HP printer too, I have no idea why as I’ve had it a couple of years and it’s always been fine. The colour option is selected but all prints are black and white, ink is fine so I don’t think it’s that. Hope you find a solution.

Ty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions