Groups

printer for less than 30

My mum and dad need a new printer they don't print often enough to need this instant ink stuff but they want one because old one is rubbish any good deals anyone knows of ?

10 Comments

The problem with not using an inkjet printer very often is that the ink in the nozzles dries & then blocks the nozzles. If you can get a good deal on a laser printer then you should consider buying one - although it will cost more it will last longer than a rarely used inkjet printer.

Be very careful here. Only certain printers can use clone cartridges. If you end up buying "genuine cartridges" it will be very expensive. Newer Epson models, such as one for £29 recently will cost more for replacement cartridges than it is worth. Most other makes such as Canon and HP will not usually allow cheap clones to be used.
    This is known as "razor blade model" i.e the razor is sold cheaply, and then a fortune is made on the blades. Same with electric toothbrush heads, but I find the Chinese Clone heads work OK for me. These are usually about 10% of the branded heads. Aliexpress is good for these. Just remember to keep orders under £15 for possible Customs Duty, and always select Free Postage Items. Site is safe to use.

Got about 6 in the loft .. As soon as they run out of ink , up they go.

plodging

Got about 6 in the loft .. As soon as they run out of ink , up they go.

Global warming here we come, but I hear what your saying

kramvic

Global warming here we come, but I hear what your saying

Comes from printer ink costing more than 200 year old scotch whisky , and them selling printers so cheap.

plodging

Comes from printer ink costing more than 200 year old scotch whisky , and … Comes from printer ink costing more than 200 year old scotch whisky , and them selling printers so cheap.

Wow, nice comparison and definitely a rip off.

Tesco Outlet, Canon Pixma Mg5753 Wireless All in One Printer, refurb 42 sold £30. £99 at Tesco Direct
    ebay.co.uk/itm…eba

ellenw

Tesco Outlet, Canon Pixma Mg5753 Wireless All in One Printer, refurb 42 … Tesco Outlet, Canon Pixma Mg5753 Wireless All in One Printer, refurb 42 sold £30. £99 at Tesco Directhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-Pixma-Mg5753-Wireless-All-One-Printer-Copy-Scan-White-And-Silver-/351890943674?hash=item51ee55aeba

Yep got one the other week instore at tesco only went in for new ink and they had 6/7 on the end of an isle for £22, so grabbed one, might be worth nipping to you local to have a look

What do they print? If they don't need to print photos then go laser.

If you need good quality photo printing but only irregularly you are better off using one of the booths inthe supermarket. As has been said, inkjets suck if not used all the time and cost a fortune to run.

I got one of the Ricoh sp213 laser printers off a HUKD a few months back, it has been great. Used about once a month and no issues with clogged jets so far, as there are none to clog :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help please - pc issues57
      2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed68
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1419
      4. Import charges from USA11

See more discussions