Groups
    EXPIRED

Printer for my mummy...

My mother who is now "online" and in the world of The INTERNET...
    Is in need of a printer...

I have a Epson R200 which I love as its easy and you can get cheap inks for...
    I would like to get her something that would also use them too.

I would like to spend Ive seen cheap lexmarks but Im not impressed
    I have looked at the Epson D78 £40 but cant seem to find cheap inks?

Ideally Id love a printer that would use the same inks as mine so She wont ever need to buy any as Id just give her some of mine when she wants.

Any ideas?

Kim

9 Comments

dont touch a lexxmark as the ink is pricey, epson's are good and I find the inks from ]rubberfrog are good for the R200 (link below)

]http//ww…523

Original Poster

[SIZE=2]Hiya[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Yer Ive got those inks as well as some similar...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Its just trying to find a cheapish epson that uses the same ones or another that can use the cheap ones also[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ive got brain ache from looking and getting no where...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Do you want an all in one printer or just a standard jobby?

Epson printers I know use that cartridge are

R200/X/R220/R300/X/R320/R500/X/R600X/R620X

Original Poster

Just a simple one as she will only end up phoning me while trying to print something if its complicated...

Ive looked at the R240 but Im not sure if thats got the same inks?

I have a epson the cheap inks are allways drying up an cloging the heads

was looking at ]Canon IP6220D in my local tesco looks a good printer

My son gave me his old printer and bought himself the newer model. He knows this printer inside out and when I had a problem (only one in 6 months when it needed a driver update) he was able to advise me over the 'phone.

I was happy that he did that as I don't print as much as I used to do and it is a much more expensive model than I would have bought.

kimbo_frog

My mother who is now "online" and in the world of The INTERNET...Is in … My mother who is now "online" and in the world of The INTERNET...Is in need of a printer...I have a Epson R200 which I love as its easy and you can get cheap inks for...I would like to get her something that would also use them too.I would like to spend Ive seen cheap lexmarks but Im not impressed I have looked at the Epson D78 £40 but cant seem to find cheap inks?Ideally Id love a printer that would use the same inks as mine so She wont ever need to buy any as Id just give her some of mine when she wants.Any ideas?Kim:)

There was a labs test of budget inkjets in October's computer Shopper..you can read it at the labs section on computershopper.co.uk/

The Epson D78 managed just one star.

Original Poster

Thanx for the replies peeps!
    Thats a handy review, Ill look at it more later.

I would give my mum my printer but it does discs etc so Im the one who needs it more...

Kim
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions