Printer Network Issue

Found 16th Dec 2017
Hi, for some reason my WiFi printer is showing up on my available list of WiFi networks and also on WiFi analysers. How do I remove this so it's just on my local network please?

Also, it doesn't always print when you send something to it, the laptop for example says it's offline so I have to reboot everything?

Any ideas? Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
any clues on the model / make etc?
Chiptivo2 m ago

any clues on the model / make etc?

HP 6790 WiFi printer
Settings - Wireless - Turn OFF "WIFI DIRECT"
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 16th Dec 2017
Chiptivo5 m ago

Settings - Wireless - Turn OFF "WIFI DIRECT"

Thanks, will that still mean it's on my Network though so I can't print wirelessly? I want it off my actual WiFi networks as it's saying it's an access point?
superfreddy1 m ago

Thanks, will that still mean it's on my Network though so I can't print …Thanks, will that still mean it's on my Network though so I can't print wirelessly? I want it off my actual WiFi networks as it's saying it's an access point?

There's no WiFi direct option, just WiFi.

It's a 6970 btw sorry
It needs to have an internet connection for the instant ink service, however I want it removed from the available wifi networks when I search for wifi networks to connect to - it's showing up on channel 11 and I'm convinced it's causing interference. Is this possible?
Ah ok I've turned WiFi direct off in the settings on the app on my laptop. WiFi is still connected though.

Does this mean the printer can still communicate with the instant ink service so they still send me ink when it's low? I don't really understand why it was showing up as a wifi network on my home network?
deleted1597344
WiFi direct basically allows you to connect to the device without the need of a router. Switching this option off will not cause the device to stop communicating over the internet.
If you have issues printing as the printer shows offline usually powering off the printer and back on again should solve it. I get this the odd time with my HP laser wifi printer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants