Printer with cheap compatible ink

Posted 26th Jul 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know which is the best reliable printer with cheap compatible inks to get?

My HP photosmart finally packed in with 10 years of light use. 😞

I've been looking for the past hour and ink prices are ridiculous.

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
how often do you print?
You have o go for a colour laser printer. Inkjet printers maybe cheap but their cartridges are expensive unless you go for a HP subscription type which is also expensive in the long run.
"Light use" suggests HP Instant Ink may suit, possibly even the ongoing zero cost 15 pages per month? Most HP inkjets qualify for the freebie or paid-for sub.
instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/…/l/
I’ve always found Epson to have some of the cheapest compatibles. I had an xp245 and I could buy 2 full sets for £12.
AndyRoyd26/07/2020 18:25

"Light use" suggests HP Instant Ink may suit, possibly even the ongoing …"Light use" suggests HP Instant Ink may suit, possibly even the ongoing zero cost 15 pages per month? Most HP inkjets qualify for the freebie or paid-for sub.https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/

I agree ( I think).... 3rd party cartridges I always seem to have problems with. I have the instant inks sat here awaiting installation. £1.99 for 50 pages plus rollover if you don't use that many....... seems a good deal for my usage.
My printing varies month to month. I am a light user. Used to have the HP photosmart b210a with the hp 364 compatible ink for 3 full sets for £12 on eBay. Unfortunately can't seem to find similar printers with compatible inks.

I'll check out the HP Instant Inks

Thanks for all your help
Post a comment
@
    Text