Groups

Printer with CISS (constant ink supply system)

Hi guys...
    Need a new printer and was thinking of CISS to save cash on ink refills etc...
    I would also like the option to be able to print onto inkjet printable cdr's (im a dj)
    anyone have experiance with CISS systems?
    and what printer do you have?
    How awkward are they to refil?
    does it knacker your printheads?
    is it worth doing?
    how much does it cost you to refil?

Thanks guys! REP GIVEN for decent replies!

6 Comments

I have ciss on both my epson printers, r300 and rx560 all in one, both print to cd/dvd, fill up is a case of removing stopper from ink resevoir and filling!
    Very worth doing, buying ink in bottles is much cheaper than even the cheap compatible carts.
    Have been running the r300 ciss for 2 years with no print head problems wotsoever

Original Poster

been looking at the CANON IP6400 + CISS on ebay for £100 delivered.
    Seems to do everything i need and has the correct printer chips to fool it etc...
    think this does cd printing too!

Original Poster

REP'd
    im looking for something new any thaughts on the canon IP6400?

adamck;6927530

REP'd im looking for something new any thaughts on the canon IP6400?

Ive only ever had one canon, and dint get on with it, that was quite a while ago now, so can't really offer any advice on it, soz

How easy is it to install a CISS? I'm looking into it but it seems a pain to install.

phoenixalpha;6928337

How easy is it to install a CISS? I'm looking into it but it seems a pain … How easy is it to install a CISS? I'm looking into it but it seems a pain to install.

Its as easy as installing new set of carts, only thing you have to be carfeul of is where u put the ink "tubes", so that they dont get in the way of any moving parts
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27105
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1730
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2337
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1528

See more discussions