Groups

Printer/PDF Tech Question

Okay so I had my old samsung printer running fine, doing everything I asked of it until it started to stop picking paper up from the tray (I think it is the 'grabber' losing its grip) - I have replaced it with a Brother MFC-L2700DN. It prints emails, webpages, word documents etc as it should - however, when I open a PDF file and click print, the program itself slows down, and then when I eventually click print, I have to wait another 30-40 seconds until it starts to print - only get this issue on Adobe.

I've tried alsorts, reinstalling print drivers, doing a complete reinstall of the printer, reinstalling adobe, messing around with the print qualities etc.

It's driving me nuts - any help is appreciated.

7 Comments

what driver are you using pcl pcl6 or postscript?

Not a fix as such but to assist with diagnosis, you could try another PDF reader so see if similar issue. Portable and full-installation versions of the well-respected SumatraPDF are available at a measely 4mb download. Probably worth downloading the portable version just so you can carry it around on a USB stick as a come-in-handy!
    sumatrapdfreader.org/dow…tml

Original Poster

andrewlaw9

what driver are you using pcl pcl6 or postscript?

How do I check this?
    The postscript option in Adobe is greyed out so not sure at all?

Checked the driver download page on Brother and it doesn't state?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Not a fix as such but to assist with diagnosis, you could try another PDF … Not a fix as such but to assist with diagnosis, you could try another PDF reader so see if similar issue. Portable and full-installation versions of the well-respected SumatraPDF are available at a measely 4mb download. Probably worth downloading the portable version just so you can carry it around on a USB stick as a come-in-handy!https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/download-free-pdf-viewer.html

I will try this now - thanks

Original Poster

Meadsy4742

This has worked - brilliant.Wonder why Adobe has done that then? It was … This has worked - brilliant.Wonder why Adobe has done that then? It was fine on my last printer.

Edited by: "Meadsy4742" 18th Nov 2016

You could open the PDF in Chrome browser, if you use Chrome that is.
    Just another way of opening/printing PDF docs without installing additional third party applications.

Meadsy4742

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.45
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1445
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1316
      4. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1118

See more discussions