Groups

Printing photographs at home?

Banned
    Looking for a printer to print off pictures at home from digital camera and Iphone pictures.

Haven't a clue what I am looking for anyone recommend?

10 Comments

look for a printer that supports airplay to allow you to print directly from the iphone personally i have found canon printers most reliable

I would personally recommend Canon, I have used many printers over the years, my all time favourite is the Canon Pixma MX895.

Original Poster Banned

Wow that looks perfect what's the cost like on ink

The ink costs are not as bad as most other printers, shop around for the ink and use genuine inks is my advice for printing Photo's.

If you want the best picture quality then Epson is the way to go, If you use something like the xp750 (which I have and can personally recommend) you can get a CISS system for cheaper ink, I recommend the CISS from cityinkexpress.co.uk with the Lyson ink for photographs. This kit is £113.51 but contains the same amount of ink as over 130 epson cartridges which would cost over £800 plus you can buy the ink to refill the CISS for just 13.8p/ml or the eqivalent of 70p/cartridge once you have the CISS The only caviat with epson printers is you have to use them weekly otherwise the the ink in the heads can dry up and it can be a pain to clean them, I just make sure I print one colour page a week and I never get clogs.

ZaphodBeeblebrox

If you want the best picture quality then Epson is the way to go, If you … If you want the best picture quality then Epson is the way to go, If you use something like the xp750 (which I have and can personally recommend) you can get a CISS system for cheaper ink, I recommend the CISS from cityinkexpress.co.uk with the Lyson ink for photographs. This kit is £113.51 but contains the same amount of ink as over 130 epson cartridges which would cost over £800 plus you can buy the ink to refill the CISS for just 13.8p/ml or the eqivalent of 70p/cartridge once you have the CISS The only caviat with epson printers is you have to use them weekly otherwise the the ink in the heads can dry up and it can be a pain to clean them, I just make sure I print one colour page a week and I never get clogs.

or get a canon printer and forget clogging heads

Can i suggest you look at an online print service, such as snapfish(?) or Tesco's, etc. It worked out massively cheaper for me than printing my own. The results are great and the turn around very quick.

mattmerch

or get a canon printer and forget clogging heads

Yea and forget picture quality.

Original Poster Banned

sybexx

I would personally recommend Canon, I have used many printers over the … I would personally recommend Canon, I have used many printers over the years, my all time favourite is the Canon Pixma MX895.

I bought a cannon thanks for your help. Going to give it a try this weekend its arrived to print some of my wedding pics.
    Then will stock up on ink!! Thanks again

you are welcome.........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover44
      2. Gaming graphics- much difference gtx980 vs gtx106068
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…11
      4. parquet floor sanded45

See more discussions