Priti Patel likely to be sacked over secret Israel meetings, reports say – politics live

Found 8th Nov 2017
Another scandal, one after the other. Theresa May, just Go!

theguardian.com/pol…ive
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
davewave5 m ago

because you'd prefer whom to lead the country in helping to negotiate …because you'd prefer whom to lead the country in helping to negotiate trade deals and to secure our country?

Pick somebody off the street? A child maybe. Or a dog. Or anybody who understands that "no deal is better than a bad deal" is utterly ridiculous as "no deal" is the worst deal.
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Nov 2017
davewave5 m ago

because you'd prefer whom to lead the country in helping to negotiate …because you'd prefer whom to lead the country in helping to negotiate trade deals and to secure our country?

32390612-hitkf.jpg
OllieSt7 m ago

This puts the cat amongst the pigeons

32391612-tWCnr.jpg
The worst prime minister since Thatcher the milk snatcher. They're really not representing women well, so disappointing.
87 Comments
Original Poster
What a great early Christmas present if Theresa May quit.
Makes me wonder if things would have been different if she had met with Palestinian leaders
david_wavid2 m ago

What a great early Christmas present if Theresa May quit.

because you'd prefer whom to lead the country in helping to negotiate trade deals and to secure our country?
davewave5 m ago

Pick somebody off the street? A child maybe. Or a dog. Or anybody who understands that "no deal is better than a bad deal" is utterly ridiculous as "no deal" is the worst deal.
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Nov 2017
RossD8956 s ago

Pick somebody off the street? A child maybe. Or a dog. Or anybody who …Pick somebody off the street? A child maybe. Or a dog. Or anybody who understands that "no deal ia better than a bad deal" is utterly ridiculous as "no deal" is the worst deal.

You're being silly.
davewave5 m ago

32390612-hitkf.jpg
Predikuesi2 h, 19 m ago

Makes me wonder if things would have been different if she had met with …Makes me wonder if things would have been different if she had met with Palestinian leaders

I'm as Pro Israeli as it gets, but I completely disagree with your sentiment. What she did was wrong, and more to the point when she apologised she still allegedly chose not to disclose other unofficial meetings.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 8th Nov 2017
OllieSt7 m ago

32391612-tWCnr.jpg
I was just on a family Holiday but managed to fit in unscheduled meetings with Netanyahu and his ministers - mmmm hmmm. She gone off the reservation, getting the sack was inevitable, just another example of incompetence from the Conservatives but in my opinion i'd be more than happy for the entire foreign aid budget to be given to Israel.
davewave3 h, 5 m ago

32391960-zmVMr.jpg
The worst prime minister since Thatcher the milk snatcher. They're really not representing women well, so disappointing.
jax6193 m ago

Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I …Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I swept you off your feet we had a romantic weekend in Paris we moved in together everything was great. We got a lovely pussy cat and names her Boris she was beautiful so fluffy and cuddly. Afternoon the honeymoon period though it all started, the cheating the lies the deceit. You kept bringing other men into our relatrelationship which I allowed as I just wanted to keep you happy. Then you started demanding more more even though I was basically paying for everything and although the sex was great at first it basically became a quick hard starting from behind and you leaving till you wanted more money.Eventually the strain was to much and after a good talk with my family I decided to leave you (some of my family wanted me to stay with you, they obviously hated me and had no sense of what family really means) anyway after sitting down with a lawyerWe could make no deal with each other just split ties and go out seperate ways.OrYou'd keep the house and once a week i was allowed to come and stroke Boris as i still love that pussy. However I'd have to continue paying the mortgage and I'd still have to take a hard pounding .Now the no deal option sounds better than the deal option

Ermm terrible example? What does the same sex relationship have to do with it? Lol?
davewave3 h, 15 m ago

If no deal is better than a bad deal is no negotiator better than a bad negotiator?
johnmcdon18 m ago

Ermm terrible example? What does the same sex relationship have to do with …Ermm terrible example? What does the same sex relationship have to do with it? Lol?

It was a terrible example but not because of the same sex relationship part.
jax61926 m ago

Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I …Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I swept you off your feet

I stopped reading at 'I swept you off your feet'.

Boris
Edited by: "deeky" 8th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Has she landed yet? How long are these flights from Kampala? Can't wait, it like Xmas ever - another Tory bites the dust! Next in line is Damian Green, then, hopefully Boris Johnson! Fantastic. The Prosecco is chilling in the fridge in readiness.....
jax6198 m ago

To Boris [Image]

Your pussy is quite the musician.

jax6193 m ago

You call that music

I didn't want to offend your cat.
jax6192 m ago

On a separate note I defy anyone to listen to that without their bumcheeks …On a separate note I defy anyone to listen to that without their bumcheeks moving to the beats.

oh my.
According to news reports in Israel ,May knew about some of the meetings , which obviously she is denying now .
This government is completely inept and after the paradise papers leaks it's obvious they must have known all along about this scandal of the Isle of Man etc ... Disgraceful and corrupt .
The contempt for the voting tax payers of this country is there for all to see.
Makes you wonder what they are still covering up .
CoeK1 h, 39 m ago

If no deal is better than a bad deal is no negotiator better than a bad …If no deal is better than a bad deal is no negotiator better than a bad negotiator?

As long as people with such logic aren't employed in the process.
davewave1 m ago

As long as people with such logic aren't employed in the process.

We are talking about firing people rather than employing them.
deleted265520
jax6191 h, 48 m ago

Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I …Not really say me and you were in a same sex marriage, you know I swept you off your feet we had a romantic weekend in Paris we moved in together everything was great. We got a lovely pussy cat and names her Boris she was beautiful so fluffy and cuddly. Afternoon the honeymoon period though it all started, the cheating the lies the deceit. You kept bringing other men into our relatrelationship which I allowed as I just wanted to keep you happy. Then you started demanding more more even though I was basically paying for everything and although the sex was great at first it basically became a quick hard starting from behind and you leaving till you wanted more money.Eventually the strain was to much and after a good talk with my family I decided to leave you (some of my family wanted me to stay with you, they obviously hated me and had no sense of what family really means) anyway after sitting down with a lawyerWe could make no deal with each other just split ties and go out seperate ways.OrYou'd keep the house and once a week i was allowed to come and stroke Boris as i still love that pussy. However I'd have to continue paying the mortgage and I'd still have to take a hard pounding .Now the no deal option sounds better than the deal option

Attempt at being funny massively backfired.
CoeK2 m ago

We are talking about firing people rather than employing them.

You are talking about not showing up to a negotiation which is pure madness.
davewave38 s ago

You are talking about not showing up to a negotiation which is pure …You are talking about not showing up to a negotiation which is pure madness.

No I was asking a question. That is why I used the little curly thing with the dot at the bottom.
OllieSt3 h, 34 m ago

I would be surprised if we didn't read anything supportive of Patel from any such sources, she's very much 'part of the team' in their eyes.

On the face of it she's gone maverick (based on what we know and not looking too deeply into supportive sources), and it does look very much like she's thrown the Ministerial rulebook out.

It's difficult to see how she cannot be fired.
jax6195 m ago

Attempt at being funny? It was a simple breakdown of the basics What is …Attempt at being funny? It was a simple breakdown of the basics What is your definition of something massively backfiring Have I hurt your feelings somewhere? If I have I'm really very sorry. Don't get me wrong I won't lose sleep over it but I wouldn't like to think you were either For the record I don't try to be funny I simply say or type exactly what's in my mine most of the time it's unreadable moronic stuff but that's just me and I'm still young at heart we can't all be old fogies like you DT.But for the record I don't care what you think or do.

First reply not convey your feelings appropriately or is this a different personality talking?
jax6193 h, 0 m ago

I got lost reading all that, thought I was reading The Sun's problem page Dear Deidre
jax6192 m ago

It didn't quote right

Quoted the same way both times.
Oh no not another political party bashing thread

or

Oh no not another Israel/Palestine bashing thread

or

Oh no not another Brexit/Remain bashing thread

Same old, same old
Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian community in to question with her behaviour. We can all appreciate the opinions of the people and the market if she were to be removed from her post.
groenleader7 m ago

Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian community in to …Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian community in to question with her behaviour. We can all appreciate the opinions of the people and the market if she were to be removed from her post.

So that's all Afghans, Bengalis, Bhutanese, Indian , Maldivian, Nepalese, Pakistani and Sri Lankans.

Do you really mean what you say?
Banned
tryn2help37 m ago

I would be surprised if we didn't read anything supportive of Patel from …I would be surprised if we didn't read anything supportive of Patel from any such sources, she's very much 'part of the team' in their eyes.On the face of it she's gone maverick (based on what we know and not looking too deeply into supportive sources), and it does look very much like she's thrown the Ministerial rulebook out.It's difficult to see how she cannot be fired.

Apart from the fact she held a series of 12 undisclosed meetings which is against Government protocol, she also lied about notifying Boris & that is a direct dismissal.

The only reason May found out was via the British Embassy in Israel who found out by accident.

The woman has to go.
Kmore2 m ago

Apart from the fact she held a series of 12 undisclosed meetings which is …Apart from the fact she held a series of 12 undisclosed meetings which is against Government protocol, she also lied about notifying Boris & that is a direct dismissal. The only reason May found out was via the British Embassy in Israel who found out by accident. The woman has to go.

Doesnt really matter if she stays or goes.
Is there somebody more competent to take her place, maybe not.
Literally who cares, no-one died.
OllieSt6 m ago

groenleader7 m ago Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian …groenleader7 m ago Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian community in to question with her behaviour. We can all appreciate the opinions of the people and the market if she were to be removed from her post So that's all Afghans, Bengalis, Bhutanese, Indian , Maldivian, Nepalese, Pakistani and Sri Lankans.Do you really mean what you say?

Aye. No one can distinguish between them all in bat of eye so I am sure they all get tarnished with the same brush.

Her choice to do the old dodgy dealings I suppose.
Banned
davewave4 m ago

Doesnt really matter if she stays or goes. Is there somebody more …Doesnt really matter if she stays or goes. Is there somebody more competent to take her place, maybe not. Literally who cares, no-one died.

Who cares? Obviously.not you. I do because a very talented woman who had a bright future just blew it all away believing she can dismiss Government rules & blatantly lie to the whole World.

Luckily we found out now before she really held a position of power.
philphil6118 m ago

groenleader1 s ago Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian …groenleader1 s ago Priti Patel brings both country and the south Asian community in to question with her behaviour. We can all appreciate the opinions of the people and the market if she were to be removed from her post. Oh no not another political party bashing threadorOh no not another Israel/Palestine bashing threadorOh no not another Brexit/Remain bashing threadSame old, same old

The alt right and alt left are meeting up for a fight on HOTUKDEALS maybe?! Who knows, we all have to endure....!
davewave14 m ago

Doesnt really matter if she stays or goes. Is there somebody more …Doesnt really matter if she stays or goes. Is there somebody more competent to take her place, maybe not. Literally who cares, no-one died.

Too right, dave' - You Don't Want To Know ..... and neither does anyone else.
DT898th Nov 2017

Attempt at being funny massively backfired.

jax6198th Nov 2017

Why so serious? Why miserable all the time? Not been dumped again? …Why so serious? Why miserable all the time? Not been dumped again?

Oh no, I had no idea that you had been dumped in the last 12 months, DT. I thought it was years ago. So sorry.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants