Private Numbers = Mobile Phone

Banned 91 replies
Found 13th Jan 2008
Hi all,

I am a regular here, but have just changed my name to save any embarrassement.

Basically i keep getting calls from a private number to my mobile, they will do 1 or 2 rings then hang up, i have rang t-mobile my network provider and they dont seem to want to know.

Basically i want to somehow block all private numbers, is this possible?

btw - my phone is PAYG and i cant change number due to circumstances,

90 Comments

Banned

embarresment about what? that your getting nuisance calls:?

just out of intrest did u put your pphone number out on hotukdeals or somthing? is that why u dnt wanna say who u r?

Im pretty sure you can divert private numbers in your call settings.

Banned

if its starting to get a worry there is help you can get from your local olice station, I know there is some literature you can get, and I am very surprised that T mobile are no help.
At the end of the day if they are no use take your business elsewhere I am sure in the present climate another provider would snap you up

Original Poster Banned

Not sure what i am embarrassed about in fairness? :oops:

I've looked in my call settings and nothing there?

I will get onto my network provider again, see what they have to say.

Banned

do they not even wait for you to answer it? am i right in thinking you know who it is?

Banned

sassie;1452659

do they not even wait for you to answer it? am i right in thinking you … do they not even wait for you to answer it? am i right in thinking you know who it is?

yeah leave the poor person alone sassie

Banned

dog_cop;1452685

yeah leave the poor person alone sassie

me thinks me knows what is going on here;-)

Banned

sassie;1452695

me thinks me knows what is going on here;-)

spill then :thumbsup:

Banned

dog_cop;1452703

spill then :thumbsup:

do i really need to:roll:

Banned

sassie;1452708

do i really need to:roll:

yes you do :thumbsup:

Banned

well someone rings your phone 1/2 times for one reason only, and thats to let them know, maybe an admirer, maybe someone who was given the phone number and now doesnt want to just walk away

^^^
What she said.

Banned

sassie;1452718

well someone rings your phone 1/2 times for one reason only, and thats to … well someone rings your phone 1/2 times for one reason only, and thats to let them know, maybe an admirer, maybe someone who was given the phone number and now doesnt want to just walk away

nah .. they are selling kitchens at knock down prices :thumbsup:

Banned

dog_cop;1452750

nah .. they are selling kitchens at knock down prices :thumbsup:

then they best go back to training as they need to speak to the buyer to enable that to happen:p

Banned

sassie;1452755

then they best go back to training as they need to speak to the buyer to … then they best go back to training as they need to speak to the buyer to enable that to happen:p

yeah but they only want to speak to females, :whistling:

dog_cop;1452774

you sound like quite an expert:whistling:

Banned

dog_cop;1452774

do you know radders?

So you have already deduced that Radders is a bloke.

Should we also deduce that Radders is in a stable relationship and has been leading another lady on to boost his ego?

Banned

i had this once with O2, they couldn't tell me the number but they could tell me where they were calling from (Australia). tip. don't give your number to people on the internet lol They did however ask if I wanted them to pass the information on to the Police.

Banned

lumoruk;1452792

i had this once with O2, they couldn't tell me the number but they could … i had this once with O2, they couldn't tell me the number but they could tell me where they were calling from (Australia). tip. don't give your number to people on the internet lol They did however ask if I wanted them to pass the information on to the Police.

great tip dont give your numbers to anyone off here or your msn or they tend to annoy you from time to time :roll:

Banned

dog_cop;1452804

great tip dont give your numbers to anyone off here or your msn or they … great tip dont give your numbers to anyone off here or your msn or they tend to annoy you from time to time :roll:

and a little tip for you, if you are able to see the other person online on msn its because they want you to see them;-)

Banned

sassie;1452811

and a little tip for you, if you are able to see the other person online … and a little tip for you, if you are able to see the other person online on msn its because they want you to see them;-)

and another little tip[ always log in on invisible :thumbsup:

Banned

dog_cop;1452817

and another little tip[ always log in on invisible :thumbsup:

i like to be seen, think you do really too:p

Banned

sassie;1452822

i like to be seen, think you do really too:p

sorry I not here at ALL .. and on that note

dog_cop;1452804

great tip dont give your numbers to anyone off here or your msn or they … great tip dont give your numbers to anyone off here or your msn or they tend to annoy you from time to time :roll:

that aimed at anyone in particular

Banned

dog_cop;1452827

sorry I not here at ALL .. and on that note

buona notte x

Original Poster Banned

Ok my number isn't posted on here anywhere, so it's no-one from here.

Unfortunatly it's not an admirer

And i'm definantly not leading another lady on, although i wouldn't mind :whistling:

going to see what t-moby say, i wouldn't even mind finding out where they were calling from

Banned

i dont know wht you are bothered, the only way you could be possibly bothered is if you knew who it was, give them my number i could do with some company, i willa nswer on first ring:-D

Original Poster Banned

sassie;1452844

i dont know wht you are bothered, the only way you could be possibly … i dont know wht you are bothered, the only way you could be possibly bothered is if you knew who it was, give them my number i could do with some company, i willa nswer on first ring:-D

Well i would ring myself if i had your number my waste it with a messer :thumbsup::whistling:

sassie;1452844

i dont know wht you are bothered, the only way you could be possibly … i dont know wht you are bothered, the only way you could be possibly bothered is if you knew who it was, give them my number i could do with some company, i willa nswer on first ring:-D

Radders;1452855

Well i would ring myself if i had your number my waste it with a messer … Well i would ring myself if i had your number my waste it with a messer :thumbsup::whistling:

Good, that's that sorted then.
Don't forget to send out the wedding invites ! :thumbsup:

Banned

Radders;1452855

Well i would ring myself if i had your number my waste it with a messer … Well i would ring myself if i had your number my waste it with a messer :thumbsup::whistling:

me thinks its this sort of talk that got you into this mess;-)

Oh ok, go on give us ya specifications and we'll go from there - lol

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop - wedding invite will be in the post mate :thumbsup:

I'm confused :?

Tbh having worked for t-mobile I'm not surprised they person told you there was nothing they ca do cos tbh that what the training tells them. Its well anoying about the only thing I was ever able to do to help was change phone numbers and even then it was not an option on PAYG.

Original Poster Banned

sassie;1452869

me thinks its this sort of talk that got you into this mess;-)

nah as the one i'm getting calls to is my main number, if ever i have to give a number out for any reason i always use another number one of the free simcards as matter of fact, i knew they'd come in handy

Banned

Radders;1452893

nah as the one i'm getting calls to is my main number, if ever i have to … nah as the one i'm getting calls to is my main number, if ever i have to give a number out for any reason i always use another number one of the free simcards as matter of fact, i knew they'd come in handy

so who do you think it is? any ideas, come on spill:-D

Original Poster Banned

sassie;1452897

so who do you think it is? any ideas, come on spill:-D

Unfortunatly it's not you

Seriously i have no idea, thats why i'd like t-mobile to block all private callers

Radders;1452886

hottoshop - wedding invite will be in the post mate :thumbsup:

Just make sure she doesn't wear the same dress as last time :w00t:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/Hotdeals%201/queen_sassie.jpg

I'm thinking along exactly the same lines as Sassie. You are hiding something Radders and that is why you are embarrassed and using another name. ;-)

Banned

Radders;1452904

Unfortunatly it's not you :(Seriously i have no idea, thats why i'd like … Unfortunatly it's not you :(Seriously i have no idea, thats why i'd like t-mobile to block all private callers

i wouldnt worry about it, they will soon get fed up, have you not thought of picking it up on the first ring? something not sounding straight here mr;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769502
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions