Groups

Privatising Registration Plate

I have seen a standard reg that i like and want to privatise/buy it. how would i go about doing this ?

5 Comments

theres quite a few rules,you cannot make the car appear to be newer than it is,ie sticking a p reg plate on an old M reg car,take a look at the dvla's website it should tell you all you need to know

is the plate you want for sale on retention certificate or actually on a car right now?

Original Poster

Mardyass;2643107

theres quite a few rules,you cannot make the car appear to be newer than … theres quite a few rules,you cannot make the car appear to be newer than it is,ie sticking a p reg plate on an old M reg car,take a look at the dvla's website it should tell you all you need to know :)is the plate you want for sale on retention certificate or actually on a car right now?

its a standard plate on a t.avensis

not sure if there is an easy way around it then if its on a car and is a standard plate,best bet would be speaking to dvla
    if its held on retention certificate its pretty straight foward but never dealt with a standard plate on a car,whats so special about the plate?
    Even if you got the avensis a private plate cheapy cheap and transferred it onto that the old registration number (the one you want) doesnt become yours

Original Poster

Mardyass;2643218

not sure if there is an easy way around it then if its on a car and is a … not sure if there is an easy way around it then if its on a car and is a standard plate,best bet would be speaking to dvlaif its held on retention certificate its pretty straight foward but never dealt with a standard plate on a car,whats so special about the plate?Even if you got the avensis a private plate cheapy cheap and transferred it onto that the old registration number (the one you want) doesnt become yours

i want the standard plate u c

have you tried the various private plate selling sites and ebay? if its your initials or something you maybe able to find something similar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions