Expired

Privilege Car Insurance £40 Quidco Cashback

Found 12th Jun 2013
quidco.com/pri…ce/

Well it's that time of year again for me where I trawl the price comparison sites for cheaper car insurance quotes, this year not only did I manage to knock about £150 off my renewal price but there was a toss up between three similar priced quotes but just as I was about to pay for one of them I thought I'll see if I could find any deals and sure enough I found this deal quencher of another £40 off basically!

Pretty chuffed as it works out the cheapest I've had to pay out for car insurance in 17 years of driving at £240 (-£40 cashback = £200!) FYI, I'm 36, no claims or points and drive a 6yo Mini Cooper.

7 Comments

Im 27 drive a ford fusion 1.4 tdci 2007 model and managed to get a renewal of £31 from privilege. After looking at TCB and Quidco I decided i would plump for aviva ( watch though as they only acknowledge 5 years max no claims bonus so keep your previous renewal from previous company in case you switch from them next year)

But I got my insurance for £42 up front then 9 x £21 and £70.70 TCB

£160.30 for the year

Awesome work is this cashback business

Original Poster

£31?! Now that's a good price! I'll check Aviva tomorrow too as I think I still have time to improve!

Churchill are offering £50, Sainsbury's Bank £51, Endsleigh £32, should we list them all separately on here? Sorry to be blunt but this is not a deal.....

Original Poster

JPS

Churchill are offering £50, Sainsbury's Bank £51, Endsleigh £32, should we … Churchill are offering £50, Sainsbury's Bank £51, Endsleigh £32, should we list them all separately on here? Sorry to be blunt but this is not a deal.....

Fair enough (I'm new to this), but the point was although I got a lot better deal than my renewal price I also got a fair bit of cash back and none of those other sites you've quoted got near, which also makes you wonder why they bother with cashback in the first place...?

Thanks for sharing Spencer, I will see what mine comes.

even with what grumpy smurf said deals like this are good as it makes some people look in to cashback for insurance a lot of people simply don't realise how many companies list on TCP or quidco.

heat added mate

Banned

Privilege quote came much cheaper than other insurance quotes through comparison website. I never tried them before? Any experience with Privilege? Are they good ?
Edited by: "happydeals" 13th Jun 2013

Original Poster

@happydeals, I have used them before, seem fine but it's not until you have a claim you find out what they are really like. I only have insurance because I have to, hence going for the cheapest possible!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions