Groups

Probably a silly question, but does the new PS3 Slim play DVD's

Hey all, I think I am about to get another PS3, but do they play DVD's? Because I will be replacing my DVD Player with it!

18 Comments

Banned

No unfortunately you will have to keep your current dvd player for that.

You can only play games, to play blu rays you will have to connect your ps3 with the dvd player.

Its quite technical, unless you have proper knowdelege, please dont buy it.

Yep...

i bought one yesterday for my son and i thought it said you can play bluray movies or is this something different?

gR8_mUndA;7046370

No unfortunately you will have to keep your current dvd player for … No unfortunately you will have to keep your current dvd player for that.You can only play games, to play blu rays you will have to connect your ps3 with the dvd player.Its quite technical, unless you have proper knowdelege, please dont buy it.

:?
    I knew you can play blu-rays on it, but i just tried a dvd in mine & it worked :-D
    i don't think you know what you are talking about :whistling:

cheerleader;7046462

:?I knew you can play blu-rays on it, but i just tried a dvd in mine & it … :?I knew you can play blu-rays on it, but i just tried a dvd in mine & it worked :-Di don't think you know what you are talking about :whistling:

oh thanks i was worried there as i know nothing about them but my son wants one for christmas and i bought a package yesterday so my heart was thumping! thank you

gR8_mUndA;7046370

No unfortunately you will have to keep your current dvd player for … No unfortunately you will have to keep your current dvd player for that.You can only play games, to play blu rays you will have to connect your ps3 with the dvd player.Its quite technical, unless you have proper knowdelege, please dont buy it.

Eh?

Tensei;7046467

Here you go mate.:) ]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can+the+PS3+slim+play+DVD%27s%3F

jeez i liked that :-D you should have seen my face watching the screen! :w00t:

ive got a ps3 slim for kids too, if it don't play blu ray i am seriously upset!!
    but they do, ......don't they?

All PS3's including the slim can play back DVDs and will upscale when connected over an HD source - Shopto have a great deal on the remote control which is probably worth it if using it regularly:

shopto.net/PS3…tml

You can use the controller but it's not as easy to use as the button functions aren't obvious.

John

wulshaz;7046494

oh thanks i was worried there as i know nothing about them but my son … oh thanks i was worried there as i know nothing about them but my son wants one for christmas and i bought a package yesterday so my heart was thumping! thank you

no probs :thumbsup: i was wondering if it played dvd's as well as blu-rays as all we've got for ours so far is little big planet game so this thread gave me the kick up the bum to go & check :lol:

mod

gR8_mUndA;7046370

Quite simply not true

gR8_mUndA;7046370

:thinking::thinking:

chezz2;7046557

ive got a ps3 slim for kids too, if it don't play blu ray i am seriously … ive got a ps3 slim for kids too, if it don't play blu ray i am seriously upset!!but they do, ......don't they?

Yes, the PS3 plays blu rays. It's one of the key features of the console.

It's quite obvious the first reply is a joke post, as the OP knows absolutely nothing about PS3's

Banned

My PS3 was washing my clothes, sorry couldnt reply.

Yeh PS3 will not play dvds unless you feed him Iams cat food.

PS3 could be very expensive in the long run. Please stick to your dvd player.

Original Poster

peodude;7047026

It's quite obvious the first reply is a joke post, as the OP knows … It's quite obvious the first reply is a joke post, as the OP knows absolutely nothing about PS3's

Lolz I have owned one before!! - But couldnt remember if it would play a DVD!!

Original Poster

gR8_mUndA;7047307

My PS3 was washing my clothes, sorry couldnt reply.Yeh PS3 will not play … My PS3 was washing my clothes, sorry couldnt reply.Yeh PS3 will not play dvds unless you feed him Iams cat food.PS3 could be very expensive in the long run. Please stick to your dvd player.

You are so funny by the way, off to A&E now to have my sides sewn back together after they split.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2280
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846144
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764119
      4. Sad news about Barcelona2393

See more discussions