Groups

probably asked before - bank question

whats the limit of cash i can deposit in my bank account before they start asking questions

ie where did u get that?!?! lol

28 Comments

It's been asked before......

it depends on the customer profile. however any bank can question any cash deposit that a customer makes especially if they are frequent and for large amounts.

Original Poster

cw9652;8064462

It's been asked before......

whats the answer plz:thumbsup:

muffin247;8064476

whats the answer plz:thumbsup:

Basically, It depends on the customer profile. However any bank can question any cash deposit that a customer makes especially if they are frequent and for large amounts.

Banned

I will look after it for you :thumbsup:

OP - What is the reason you ask the question??

Intrigued!!

Original Poster

gonna make a large deposit tommorow at my bank in cash thats all

Banned

muffin247;8064552

Which security van did you rob?

I've had 3,000 deposited before and no questions, plus I've got a young persons account.

muffin247;8064552

OK - More subtitle.... How much, and why!! ;-)

Original Poster

im not sure dont wanna look too suspicious

£10,000 was thinkin on 20k but ill do it in 2 batches

The 2nd time you go they will push that magic button under the desk and your have some explaining to do!!!

keep it under your mattress, inanimate objects don't ask questions. they don't find sneaky ways to take a slice of your money either (bank charges, penalties etc.).

Banned

muffin247;8064584

im not sure dont wanna look too suspicious£10,000 was thinkin on 20k but … im not sure dont wanna look too suspicious£10,000 was thinkin on 20k but ill do it in 2 batches

2 batches of 10k will look more suspicious than 1 of 20k

as long as you can account for where the money came from there shouldn't be a problem...unless its dodgy.

phone the customer services and ask

I always thought it was around 3k mark.

Not that they would ask you q's but that they have till fill in a form of some sort to notify someone. Something to do with money laundering I think.

A bank, asking the customer questions when they deposit? thats good business. I do remember hearing any deposit over 10k is flagged up to big brother.

say you just sold your car.... big deal.
    Move on.

Put it in a washing machine first to launder it,because if you worried about what the bank will do it must be dirty money,i am not judging you but the fact you have to ask says loads.
    Also be careful because if you get any sort of benefits from the DWP then having that sort of money in your bank account will mean no more benefits..

You know its been asked before because you asked it before!

hotukdeals.com/ite…nks

cbryanp;8065341

You know its been asked before because you asked it … You know its been asked before because you asked it before!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/507357/banks?

do you have nothing better to do than scrawl through previous topics:roll:

nono2522;8065348

do you have nothing better to do than scrawl through previous topics:roll:

:? eh? I just remembered there was a similar one before. Whats with the insult?

It is a banks obligation to pass the details of large transactions on the the HMRC due to money laundering regulations.

The amount I am not sure of??? 6k?

cbryanp;8065341

You know its been asked before because you asked it … You know its been asked before because you asked it before!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/507357/banks?

Looks like we have a serial drug dealer imo :whistling:

DragonChris;8065514

Looks like we have a serial drug dealer imo :whistling:

Seems to have been hit by the credit crunch anyway whatever the business

there is no set amount which will trigger a query on cash deposits, as people have said it will vary from bank to bank and customer to customer, basically most banks have a computer system in place which will produce reports of any large amounts in or out that are out of character for the account, ie if you buy a car on your switch card for £10k and you havent used your card in months/years etc

basically it is a legal requirement for them to ask you where the money is from under the money laundering regs If you act suspicious (like you are at the mo) and dont tell them or start splitting up the money they can raise a report on you and if it gets really serious you could find your accounts frozen (only if the really suspect money laundering).

Be honest with them and tell them even if they dont ask where the money came from, i dont see what the problem is with going thru money laundering procedures unless the money is dodgy in the first place. If your account is a personal account and you usually only pay in small amts of cash (few hundred etc) i would say it wont matter wether you pay the money in all at once or split it up, they will still pick up on it that is their job.

also be warned if you put the money in then soon after take it out again or transfer it you will probably also raise alarms as this can be considered as "layering" ie moving money about to hide the origins.

cbryanp;8065583

Seems to have been hit by the credit crunch anyway whatever the business … Seems to have been hit by the credit crunch anyway whatever the business

True - From 100k to 20k
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions