Problem with amazon echo (3rd gen)

Posted 3rd Dec
So I got myself a new echo (3rd gen) and am very happy with it BUT.....when I stop listening to e.g., Talksport and then go back to it later it carries on playing from where I left off, in fact a couple of minutes earlier than when I stopped. My current workaround is to ask it to play another radio station and then go back to it and it starts afresh "live". I have other echos and a dot in the house but they are all fine.

Anyone else have this issue ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
Have you tried saying ' Alexa play Talksport live'? They are really fickle one day you can say 'Turn TV on' and it works , the next you have to phrase it differently like ' turn on LG TV' . Wife just says can't we go back to switches and normal radios , especially when smart speaker is being awkward and she's ready for swearing at it.
yorkie1204/12/2019 09:25

Have you tried saying ' Alexa play Talksport live'? They are really fickle …Have you tried saying ' Alexa play Talksport live'? They are really fickle one day you can say 'Turn TV on' and it works , the next you have to phrase it differently like ' turn on LG TV' . Wife just says can't we go back to switches and normal radios , especially when smart speaker is being awkward and she's ready for swearing at it.

Tried that, it might just be a Talksport thing as it doesn't seem to happen on other stations. Bit annoying though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants