Problem with Amazon order

Found 12th Jun 2015
I ordered a macbook pro and quite expensive camera about 3 weeks ago. Got an email saying they thought my account had been hacked and to follow certain procedures. This I did and tried to reorder the stuff. Got another email saying my account had been hacked and to jump through more hoops, which I duly did again. Then got emails saying my order had been delayed, then nothing for a week. Phoned them to be told my account was on hold and would remain so until I sent them (by fax) name, billing details and a copy of my latest credit card bill. I thought this unusual and phoned to say I was uncomfortable with sending them a copy of my latest credit card bill. Then got an email asking me to get the issuing bank for my credit card to send them my details. I went to my bank only to be told they never provide this sort of 3rd party verification. A few emails and two phone calls later I am still in limbo. I have bought my laptop elsewhere now and changed my mind about such an expensive camera. But I find it difficult to believe this is the level of customer service they are happy with. What on earth has happened to Amazon? They used to be great, but no longer. I might just walk away entirely, well I'll have no choice if I can't get my account back on track.
Community Updates
6 Comments
directly from amazon?
sounds messed up. Amazon customer care, at least for me has been the best I have ever come across.

Do a live chat with them. Change your account passwords, never go to links in your email, always go to the site directly.
The question everyone is thinking "are you sure you went to Amazon and not clicked through dodgy emails or wrong site"
Original Poster
benjammin316

sounds messed up. Amazon customer care, at least for me has been the best … sounds messed up. Amazon customer care, at least for me has been the best I have ever come across.Do a live chat with them. Change your account passwords, never go to links in your email, always go to the site directly.

Did the Phone Me option and was phoned from this number +353 1 247 7698. I'm pretty sure it's amazon and I'm appalled by their service
at least they saved you spending money on a camera you didnt want
Original Poster
chocci

at least they saved you spending money on a camera you didnt want

Genuinely made me laugh, thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants