Groups

Problem with eBay purchase.

So here are the details.

I bought a suit from eBay for my son, it came very quickly which is nice, however the suit has clearly had the trousers taken up so they are way too short. The seller has said I am fine to return it as they didn't mention anywhere in the listing they had been altered.

However it still says I haven't paid so i can't sort a return but I already have paid through PayPal.

The other problem is the item was £10.01 and £6 postage. The seller has said they will refund £10.01 only. Is this right? I'm aware I will need to pay for return postage.

24 Comments

Definitely not right if the reason is item not as described, I would raise a case with ebay personally..

If you had to pay return postage, you can claim via paypal offer
    paypal.com/uk/…rns
    Edited by: "raj75" 21st Dec 2016

^^ that

You need to open a case with eBay so the seller pays for the return as the item is not as described. You can always contact eBay re the payment not showing if this is causing s problem

item not as described - the seller should refund you a full price + postage, if not contact ebay.

if not described you can pursue through ebay phone them on the freephone customer contact number and escalate it that way

Original Poster

The problem is I paid immediately by PayPal on Sunday but it is not showing on eBay but is showing in my PayPal account. So I can't raise a claim with eBay.

badgerrules

The problem is I paid immediately by PayPal on Sunday but it is not … The problem is I paid immediately by PayPal on Sunday but it is not showing on eBay but is showing in my PayPal account. So I can't raise a claim with eBay.

Raise the claim via Paypal

badgerrules

The problem is I paid immediately by PayPal on Sunday but it is not … The problem is I paid immediately by PayPal on Sunday but it is not showing on eBay but is showing in my PayPal account. So I can't raise a claim with eBay.

Its not possible?

You bought on ebay, used ebay checkout to pay using paypal, and its not showing up in ebay?. No its not right at all. Its there somewhere in your ebay account. Open a returns case and you'll get a returns label to print off. Seller ends up paying for that return label which ebay deduct from the held funds. Funds automatically get held from the seller once you open a returns.

If you can't find the ebay transaction in your account, are you sure you paid in ebay? or not directly?. In your email account linked to ebay, check the winning auction email that ebay send you. Item number is in there. Open that link up and it should display some link to open a returns for it.

Original Poster

J4GG4

Its not possible?You bought on ebay, used ebay checkout to pay using … Its not possible?You bought on ebay, used ebay checkout to pay using paypal, and its not showing up in ebay?. No its not right at all. Its there somewhere in your ebay account. Open a returns case and you'll get a returns label to print off. Seller ends up paying for that return label which ebay deduct from the held funds. Funds automatically get held from the seller once you open a returns.If you can't find the ebay transaction in your account, are you sure you paid in ebay? or not directly?. In your email account linked to ebay, check the winning auction email that ebay send you. Item number is in there. Open that link up and it should display some link to open a returns for it.

Yep bought through eBay, paid through PayPal. Have the normal eBay and PayPal emails saying I have paid. Go to resolution centre it says payment not received.

Go into PayPal account and the payment is there but it gives me the option to cancel which I haven't seen before.

can you not just undo the stitches?

Original Poster

japes

can you not just undo the stitches?

I think their son must be very short as they seem to have cut some of the material, so even with them taken back down they would be too short. It is a shame as the jacket is lovely. They also didn't have the bottom of the trousers in the listing picture which I didn't think anything of at the time.

badgerrules

Yep bought through eBay, paid through PayPal. Have the normal eBay and … Yep bought through eBay, paid through PayPal. Have the normal eBay and PayPal emails saying I have paid. Go to resolution centre it says payment not received.Go into PayPal account and the payment is there but it gives me the option to cancel which I haven't seen before.

If you are seeing option to cancel, then it means seller has not received the payment. May be seller hasn't registered in paypal or used a wrong email id in paypal section.

Original Poster

raj75

If you are seeing option to cancel, then it means seller has not received … If you are seeing option to cancel, then it means seller has not received the payment. May be seller hasn't registered in paypal or used a wrong email id in paypal section.

So would that mean I have to wait for them to sort out the payment before I can even do anything?

Raise a case through eBay, goods not as described. the seller should send you postage label. if after 8 days they haven't contact eBay who will supply you with a tracking postage label. when the item has tracked to the seller you will receive a full refund that is item plus postage

Original Poster

So I have just given eBay a ring and they say that the person I bought from hasn't confirmed payment so either there is something wrong with their email or their.payment details. Thats why I can't raise a case with ebay. They advised me to cancel the payment and then negotiate a return to the seller with the seller?

That seems a bit tight to the seller, but also is there any chance of it coming back to bite me if I do?
    Edited by: "badgerrules" 21st Dec 2016

Do as ebay have said & cancel the payment. It will then be down to the seller to either send you a pre paid label to return the item or to arrange a courier to pick the item up. You are not responsible for return postage!!
    If they are not willing to do either of these, then they won't get the item back!!
    Also the seller cannot just refund you the cost of the item, they have to refund your full initial payment including p&p

badgerrules

So I have just given eBay a ring and they say that the person I bought … So I have just given eBay a ring and they say that the person I bought from hasn't confirmed payment so either there is something wrong with their email or their.payment details. Thats why I can't raise a case with ebay. They advised me to cancel the payment and then negotiate a return to the seller with the seller? That seems a bit tight to the seller, but also is there any chance of it coming back to bite me if I do?

Who cares? He/she didn't disclose full information to you so cancel the payment and get him to sort out the return.
    The fact that they aren't willing to even refund the initial postage is poor form.

Do they allow used clothes to be sold?? They never used to.

Gentle_Giant

on eBay? Think that is about all they do sell, used clothes and fake Tiffany.

Gentle_Giant

Haha iv never heard that one before

If they were a decent seller they would admit they made the error and just refund you without asking for a return. I know I have done this in the past and had to take a loss....

Open a case as item not described. You will then get the original postage back Plus the price of the return postage. If you don't get the return postage money you would be able to print a returns label that the seller should supply. If the seller doesn't respond to the case don't worry because after a set amount of days eBay will step in. You should not be out of pocket.

I think the reason why it does not show as paid is they have not accepted the pay pal payment, I've had 2 like this recently,,1 I wanted to cancel as the item never arrived and and like you the option to cancel was not available, in my case the money was never claimed and was refunded after a month
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853
      3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1021
      4. Is this a Nespresso capsules compatible machine?11

See more discussions