Problem with gameseek

Found 5th May
Ok so I’m having a bit of bother I preordered god of war and yakuza 6 from these months ago and the day of release came for yakuza but not dispatch email. God of wars came a few days later and no dispatch email. Obviously panic stations here as I had contacted them on the website about 14 times as I had ordered dragon quest heroes 2 and grand battlers or something like that a few weeks before which hadn’t been dispatched either. But the contact on the website is live chat which lets you send a message/email if they miss you but for at least the last month or so the live chat has simply said “sorry we missed you this time” after just a few seconds even bough nobody from gameseek actually joins the chat. Anyway ive got the auto responses but never a actual response from a human being so I’ve messaged them on eBay quite a few times and same thing. I tried the phone number on their eBay and it says it’s disconnected.

So I googled and came across a forum post on gamespot I think it it was with gameseek ceo email address which I emailed and got a auto response with staff email addresses and a note saying he was “too busy to reply to emails so email one of my staff and they will respond” or something like that. So I did just that and got a email back from a Michael stott.

We emailed back and forth and on the 22nd or 23rd he claimed yakuza had been sent 2nd class on the release date, god of war had been sent via 24 hour guaranteed on release date and had been delivered on the 20th and the other 2 games had not been sent because the system tried to send all 4 games all at once. So I told him god of war hadnt arrived so there’s no way it was sent 24 guaranteed and neither had the other 3 games and he went quiet. He then got aggressive and on the 28th he send me a screenshot showing tracking info supposedly but it was a website I had never seen before with Royal Mail in the address, tracking collection dates and tracking numbers that weren’t Royal Mail at all.

So I told him he was clearly lying firstly cause god of war was released on the 20th so it’s impossible for it to have been delivered on the same date and the tracking info in the screenshot had to be false as it showed one item delivered on the 13th March one on the 19th March, one the 20th April and one on the 24th April. So that was impossible unless the games time travelled to be delivered. He wasn’t happy obviously and claimed that I asked for proof and he gave it with the tracked info I told him I asked for proof of when the games were sent, when they were delivered and where to invade they had gone to a wrong address.

So I email him again today and asked him if there was any update on the games and asked if there was something wrong at gameseek or if I had done something since they they had ignored what had to total 40 messages in total including tweets just hours after they had responded to other people. However the email bounced back saying the address didn’t exist but it went to the other addresses so I thought he had simply blocked me but the thing happened on my other email address that I had never emailed him off.

So I’m not lost the websites down so I can’t get the postal address, I’ve got £300+ in preorders on the website that I can’t cancel because it can only be done via messages so I’ve lost over £400 now.

Does anybody know how to contact gameseek? Be it a phone number or whatever? The customer service manager, the administrator, the technical manager and the purchasing manager have all ignored my emails aswell as the ceo which is very worrying. I’ve tweeted many times and never had a response but they are active as they respond to other people but I’m usually too late and they don’t respond if I piggyback on the thread.

Obviously I’m annoyed cause I’ve lost money but I’m annoyed cause it’s a website where you can pay for preorders when you preorder the game so it makes it much easier.
But I need to contact them as I want either my money back or my games which I doubt I’m going to get. I know I can get my money back through my bank but that means gameseek will be blocked form future transactions which is a last resort tbh as I’ve spent lots with them in the past and never had any issues
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Sounds to me that you have annoyed them with incessant messaging and they can’t be bothered to deal with you.

Gameseek are a pretty dodgy bunch at the best of times. I would get your money back via the bank. Then steer clear of them in future and if you do run into problems with a company don’t repeatedly message, most companies see this as a form of abuse and will take measures against it. By all means complain but that is one message on one platform not 40 and on all communications platforms.
I think you should just claim with your bank, I don’t think you will need to worry about using them again as it honestly sounds like it’ll be going into administration, from the people of Twitter.

any company that takes money before dispatch should be avoided like the plague, paying for something that hasn’t been completed yet is crazy.
I don’t understand why you would be worried the bank would block them? Surely the bank is doing you a favour if you’ve not received so many orders??!
Hey mate, I've heard from another retailer that Gameseek has ceased trading. I would claim your money back from the bank on this one
Just wanted to point out that merchants do receive stock before release date and send them out, and delivery before release date does happen Also is it possible that the screenshot you saw was a delivery tracking system meant only for internal use which would look unfamiliar to the public ? (Just a thought).
I'm not one that would defend GameSeek at all as I took issue with their email newsletters repeatedly claiming 'cheapest in uk' for particular titles and upon checking other websites found they were not. Multiple complaints made to the ASA
They seem to have stopped replying to messages on both FB and Twitter and the website has been down days not hours. I no longer work in the industry but these are huge red flags. Claim your money back any way you can tbh would be my honest advice.
cmdr_elito5th May

Sounds to me that you have annoyed them with incessant messaging and they …Sounds to me that you have annoyed them with incessant messaging and they can’t be bothered to deal with you. Gameseek are a pretty dodgy bunch at the best of times. I would get your money back via the bank. Then steer clear of them in future and if you do run into problems with a company don’t repeatedly message, most companies see this as a form of abuse and will take measures against it. By all means complain but that is one message on one platform not 40 and on all communications platforms.

Lol it wasn’t constant messages their twitter is only active for competitions it seems and I was only posting when they responded to other people, I was messaging a lot through the website because they said in the automated replies that they would get in touch within 24 hours so I would wait 36 and then message them again. After all this was over £100 and they hadn’t given any proof they had even sent anything so I’m sure anybody would be messaging a lot to try and get a response.
Plus I ordered god of war for goodness they had my money since the day it was available for preorder so if there was stock issues or anything they could have said.

But anyway my post was just to see if anybody knew how to contact them to actually get a response I was hoping someone had a email or phone number for the ceo or something but nope. It seems pretty obvious they’ve gone bust or something so I’ll be ringing the bank to get my money back.

Scarily I’ve paid £485 to them between the games that haven’t been delivered still and many,many preorders
Pompeydan19865th May

Hey mate, I've heard from another retailer that Gameseek has ceased …Hey mate, I've heard from another retailer that Gameseek has ceased trading. I would claim your money back from the bank on this one

A shame but cheers for that mate I’ll tell my bank so then they know for the future if other customers get in touch
choccie325th May

I don’t understand why you would be worried the bank would block them? S …I don’t understand why you would be worried the bank would block them? Surely the bank is doing you a favour if you’ve not received so many orders??!

I’ve received orders In the past without any bother and you were able to pay for preorders when you preordered them so you didn’t have to try and remember to have the money in the bank on release day
Yeah it’s still down. Time to get your money back I think. Tbf their social media team might well have been outsourced too so they probably can’t help tbh.
So a update ish. My bank can only refund me for games that have ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED. So I’ve lost ALOT of money. I preordered many games and most don’t come for a while so I have to contact my bank when they are all released to get my money back. The catch? They are all in the same order and I have to wait for them all to be released. One of them is anthem which may not be released till 2020 so essentially the company have £400 of my money and I’ve no way of getting it back. The websites gone, all of the emails (including the OWNER!) have all been closed and don’t exist anymore, so I’m screw basically. I’m going to try contacting the police tomorrow and see what they can do
Pompeydan19865th May

Hey mate, I've heard from another retailer that Gameseek has ceased …Hey mate, I've heard from another retailer that Gameseek has ceased trading. I would claim your money back from the bank on this one

Would you be willing to tell me who the retailer is mate? A private message will be me it’s just that might prove to my bank that the companies gone bust and they’ll give me the money back for all the orders
weerob8811 m ago

So a update ish. My bank can only refund me for games that have ACTUALLY …So a update ish. My bank can only refund me for games that have ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED. So I’ve lost ALOT of money. I preordered many games and most don’t come for a while so I have to contact my bank when they are all released to get my money back. The catch? They are all in the same order and I have to wait for them all to be released. One of them is anthem which may not be released till 2020 so essentially the company have £400 of my money and I’ve no way of getting it back. The websites gone, all of the emails (including the OWNER!) have all been closed and don’t exist anymore, so I’m screw basically. I’m going to try contacting the police tomorrow and see what they can do

Go back to your bank and tell them and if they don’t do anything lodge a formal complaint right there and then. They have the ability to chargeback all the money given to Gameseek. The fact that they have gone into administration means you can’t wait for all the games to be released. You didn’t receive any games so you have the right to a refund. Because the website has disappeared you can’t request your preorders be cancelled which means the bank has to now act.
Edited by: "zcgby03" 7th May
Just to offer a bit of an alternative perspective here, bear in mind that it's still a bank holiday weekend, so while it's not an encouraging sign that Gameseek's website is currently down, it may be that it'll be back online again once we're back into normal working days tomorrow. Their social media feeds were active as recently as Thursday last week, after all.

There's nothing yet of any real substance to support them having ceased trading - at the moment, this is just coming from a single unsubstantiated post earlier in this thread, and the company is still registered as being in active trading, not in administration.

If it does turn out that the company's closing down, this wouldn't be a police matter. If it's an insolvency situation and the funds aren't there to repay creditors, the issue would typically stop at the company level - the administration and/or winding up procedure would sort out distributing what funds are available. In terms of obtaining a refund outside of that, do bear in mind that the chargeback procedure isn't a guarantee of a refund int he same way that a section 75 claim is with credit card payment, unfortunately. I think that I can understand why your bank might be unable to process chargebacks relating to pre-orders not yet released, as presumably the rationale would be that no breach of contract has yet occurred.

This all aside, hopefully you'll be able to get a satisfactory outcome from all of this in the end! Assuming that the site does come back online again, I'd suggest pursuing this with the customer services team rather than trying to contact others within the business - CS are there for a reason, after all. I wouldn't expect the other people who you've mentioned trying to get a response from to be dealing with customer enquiries - if nothing else, they may not be authorised to do so.
It’s not returned so it’s been down almost a week.
Hmmm, this is a big worry. I noticed their site was down over the weekend, a few days after I placed an order. I did get a 'shipped' notification but nothing has arrived as of yet (though with the bank holiday it may take till the end of this week).

I've personally never had an issue with Gameseek, but I really feel for the OP here. I hope you're able to get everything sorted if they really have closed down. You'd imagine we would hear something soon if they had, perhaps from their administrators?
oddment843 m ago

Hmmm, this is a big worry. I noticed their site was down over the weekend, …Hmmm, this is a big worry. I noticed their site was down over the weekend, a few days after I placed an order. I did get a 'shipped' notification but nothing has arrived as of yet (though with the bank holiday it may take till the end of this week).I've personally never had an issue with Gameseek, but I really feel for the OP here. I hope you're able to get everything sorted if they really have closed down. You'd imagine we would hear something soon if they had, perhaps from their administrators?

If you've had a dispatch notification I expect that you're probably okay - Gameseek have typically just been very slow for orders to arrive once sent.
I'd be more concerned with spending £485 on pre-orders! Surely, you cant play all those games at once so in future just buy a game when you have nothing left to play. It will save you a fortune in the long run as games plummet in price within a few months. I never pay more than £6 for my PS4 games, then sell them for similar prices when finished
Illusionary19 h, 46 m ago

If you've had a dispatch notification I expect that you're probably okay - …If you've had a dispatch notification I expect that you're probably okay - Gameseek have typically just been very slow for orders to arrive once sent.

That could just be automatically generated though.
Check this and recent TrustPilot too toyworldmag.co.uk/new…ek/. The CEO owned the lot. So it does look super dodgy imho.
feltonsamantha1 h, 33 m ago

That could just be automatically generated though.

You'd think that there would have been some sort event triggering the email, but it could be, yes. Either way, given no further signs of life from Gameseek at this point I agree that something's definitely amiss.
Illusionary53 m ago

You'd think that there would have been some sort event triggering the …You'd think that there would have been some sort event triggering the email, but it could be, yes. Either way, given no further signs of life from Gameseek at this point I agree that something's definitely amiss.

Should be yes. Usually it would only be triggered when being set to a certain status in the order management system, whatever they have or use. Who knows what might happen though if it’s unattended or if it has a failsafe Of holding back only for a certain number of days. It could just be a software bug that the email got released.
gameseek are in administration. Just received a letter this morning to make a claim on an order that I had placed
33773607-PVAfP.jpg
rich1986111242 m ago

gameseek are in administration. Just received a letter this morning to …gameseek are in administration. Just received a letter this morning to make a claim on an order that I had placed

Well, a CVL isn't an administration - the two have quite different aims.

Thanks for sharing that update here, though, certainly that will be helpful for some.
I have used Gameseek a couple of times in the past but not since around 2016 - I stopped using them because their business practices seemed shady. I pre-ordered a game from them that didn't arrive until 3 days after release. They also started charging extra for first class post when Shopto and Simplygames offer free 1st class post. Also recall I wanted to cancel a preorder with Gameseek in 2014 and they wanted to charge me to cancel it. I have no sympathy for the company's demise - I certainly won't miss them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants