Problem with iPhone replacement from insurance company?

Found 9th Jan 2016
A friend has received a replacement handset from Aviva - it has come sealed but when a sim card has been placed into it it says 'The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported."

It definitely hasn't been put into another phone - we opened the box ourselves and was factory sealed. We've checked forums to see if we could find a solution, and we also have asked at an EE shop (who said go to Apple) and Apple said go to your mobile provider!

Any advice would be appreciated, not sure what to do - thanks!
Community Updates
14 Comments
You need to speak to aviva,the phone they have sent you is locked to a different network than you are on
Sounds like the phone is locked to a network
Or they have sent a GSM phone when you need CDMA or vice Versa
On the sim tray there is the Imei number. You can check the model and if its locked, online.
krisward7955

Or they have sent a GSM phone when you need CDMA or vice Versa

CDMA isn't used in the UK and it doesn't use sim cards either so wouldn't have a sim slot for them to put the sim in to try it.
What do they use?
krisward7955

What do they use?

Built in
krisward7955

http://www.imei.info

Is there one you can do it for free? The few websites i've charged are charging.
"Many Sprint and Verizon phones now have SIM cards, but that isn't because of CDMA. The SIM cards are generally there for Sprint's and Verizon's 4G LTE networks, because the LTE standard also uses SIM cards. The phones may also have SIM slots to support foreign GSM networks as "world phones."
The link I sent is free. Just add your Imei number and it'll give basic info of the phone
On the back of the phone there will be another number. A1234 looks like that. That's the model number, also search for that, or post it here and I'll tell you what model it is exactly
have you tried all UK sims ie o2 voda 3 ?
The Aviva replacement phones come unlocked as such, but as soon as a SIM is inserted, it becomes locked to that network.

Either a SIM was inserted first which wasn't on the network you want the new sim to be on, or there has been an issue their end, whereby a phone call will resolve.

I phoned them up last week at 7pm regarding 2 iPhones with broken screens, I had 2 new ones delivered at 10:30am the next day, they appear to offer a brilliant insurance service, so would recommend giving them a call.
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 11th Jan 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants