Problem with LG Chocolate - Any suggestions

My Chocolate (like the one shown here mobilementalism.com/ima…jpg ) has stopped emitting any sounds whatsoever. No ring tones, keypad tones - nothing. Does not ring out when anyone calls (but WILL vibrate). Anyone phoning can hear me but I can't hear them.

Have done a "reset" on settings - any suggestions or is it dead?

5 Comments

A quick search on ]Google found someone with the same problem caused by the phone switching itself into bluetooth mode at random. Do you have a bluetooth headset you could test this with or find a function to turn off bluetooth?

Original Poster

Painkiller;7866614

A quick search on ]Google found someone with the same problem caused by … A quick search on ]Google found someone with the same problem caused by the phone switching itself into bluetooth mode at random. Do you have a bluetooth headset you could test this with or find a function to turn off bluetooth?

Bluetooth NOT enabled - I saw that too.

Have also seen the "switch it on and off / take the battery out" solutions.

Can't think of anything else other than a broken speaker.

How long ago did you buy it & did you buy it new via Internet/TV/Mail order or in person?

Original Poster

Painkiller;7868832

Can't think of anything else other than a broken speaker.How long ago did … Can't think of anything else other than a broken speaker.How long ago did you buy it & did you buy it new via Internet/TV/Mail order or in person?

13 months ago brand new from CPWarehouse

virus;7873318

13 months ago brand new from CPWarehouse

If you bought it online then you should be able to get it repaired, replaced or refunded under the distance selling regs / SOGA where the seller is responsible for electrical goods sold for up to 6 years.

Here's The One Show's SOGA page with templates;
bbc.co.uk/blo…tml

If you bought it in person then you might have to look at whether the phone had a manufacturer warranty or find out about repair costs.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763886
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1213
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
    4. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523

See more discussions