problem with my xbox (again)

i don't know why, but after playing the xbox for a period of time, i turn the console off

when i turn it back on the next morning it won't work ...... i have to remove my 20GB hd for it to work

the console boots up but no graphics ........ im now transferring to my new 60GB so im safe for now ?

just need to work out why it does this cos im going to sell on my 20GB

6 Comments

console too cold, different power brick. Dodgy HDD. Loose Wires etc

faevilangel, could i borrow the migration cable, i got a 120gb HDD coming soon.

Cheers
Strike

Original Poster

strike;3906396

console too cold, different power brick. Dodgy HDD. Loose Wires … console too cold, different power brick. Dodgy HDD. Loose Wires etcfaevilangel, could i borrow the migration cable, i got a 120gb HDD coming soon. CheersStrike

not sure if anyone in the list after me, let me check with dog_breath (dog_cop) and will let ya know

if its all ok by him, i will send it out in the morning :thumbsup:

Mines did this, faultered for a while then would boot up fine as I could still use the controller to turn it on and off, but there were no graphics on the screen. Was prob a faulty graphics card. As I didnt have the 3RR then I just sold it as faulty, got £60 for it and put it towards a new one. Your hard drive should be fine, when I put my 20gb drive on my new box it worked perfectly well. I transferred my data to the 120gb drive, once this was done the software formatted the 20gb and wiped it clean. Then I sold the 20gb drive. You should be fine selling the 20Gb tho.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3906415

Mines did this, faultered for a while then would boot up fine as I could … Mines did this, faultered for a while then would boot up fine as I could still use the controller to turn it on and off, but there were no graphics on the screen. Was prob a faulty graphics card. As I didnt have the 3RR then I just sold it as faulty, got £60 for it and put it towards a new one. Your hard drive should be fine, when I put my 20gb drive on my new box it worked perfectly well. I transferred my data to the 120gb drive, once this was done the software formatted the 20gb and wiped it clean. Then I sold the 20gb drive. You should be feine selling the 20Gb tho.

its always the hd that needs removing too ......... this is basically a new console (jasper & benq)

its happened twice & always need to remove the hd ....... its frustrating as i always get in a panic and check all the wires :w00t:

faevilangel, i'll let you know when my HDD comes. Get the console replaced by Microsoft, stick 3 RROD on it and sell it on.

Original Poster

it works fine except once every so often ......... i use the console & lot and never happens, itrs wierd

i wouldnt send it to MS :lol: i couldn't wait that long :lol:

i would go marching back to the shop (its 4 months old)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…77
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763824
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523397
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614061

See more discussions