Problem with my xbox one sync button

Found 2nd Apr 2017
So the other day i turned on my xbox and my controller wasn't connecting to it so I tried replacing the batteries and everything e.g. using the cable to link it and then I tried using the link button on the controller were you press it on the controller and on the xbox. When I press the link button on the controller it flashes but when I press the link button on the xbox it doesnt flash, I also have a spare controller which also doesnt sync so it is definitely the xbox that is not working. I have tried all the troubleshooting for the sync button problem and have contacted microsoft and they said the only way to fix it is to send it to repair but my guarantee/warranty has finished ages ago so would cost alot of money to repair through microsoft. Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this or what I can do?
Community Updates
AskMovieXboxXbox One
6 Comments
Have you tried hard resetting the Xbox? Not particularly relevant but my PS4 blu drive stopped working and once I full reset the console it started working again.
Original Poster
mixmixi

Have you tried hard resetting the Xbox? Not particularly relevant but my … Have you tried hard resetting the Xbox? Not particularly relevant but my PS4 blu drive stopped working and once I full reset the console it started working again.

Yes I have reset it as well but no luck
shyki12345

Yes I have reset it as well but no luck

That's odd. May I ask how did you perform the hard reset?
Original Poster
mixmixi

That's odd. May I ask how did you perform the hard reset?

I did a power reset which is where you turn the xbox off and take out all the cables from the back then wait for about a minute then plug it in, I also reset the xbox excluding the games
shyki12345

I did a power reset which is where you turn the xbox off and take out all … I did a power reset which is where you turn the xbox off and take out all the cables from the back then wait for about a minute then plug it in, I also reset the xbox excluding the games

Will you also try this, please:

"Hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen. All your data is preserved, but cache is cleared and some settings are reverted and log-in or game start issues are resolved.

Alternatively, you can perform a full shutdown by going to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP and change POWER MODE from Instant-On to Energy-saving. After changing the setting, choose "Turn Xbox off". It can be powered back on by holding down the GUIDE button on the Xbox controller or the button on the front of the Xbox console. Once it's back online you can go back to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP and re-enable Instant-on."
Reset controller then update it through settings
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants