Groups
    EXPIRED

Problem with new Asus SD701

I have just bought the following Asus SD701 from the carphone Warehouse. I've had it two days and now i can't get it to switch on. Every time it loads it gives me an option of the following:
    Starting windows normally
    Starting in Safe mode
    Starting in Safe mode with command prompt
    Starting in Safe mode with networking

All of the above options just freeze and won't let me into use windows. Any idea how i might get round this? If not i'll have to try and return it.

The spec is:
    carphonewarehouse.com/buy…TOP

Thank you

5 Comments

sounds like you have corrupted the HD some how cant you reinstall windows off the backup disc's?

Original Poster

I have a disc that came with it but i don't think its the windows xp disc!! As its a netbook i would also have to try and borrow an external cdrom to run the disc from a friend of mine. Do you know if theres a way to repair windows xp without using the disc?

pingusbrother;4566060

I have a disc that came with it but i don't think its the windows xp … I have a disc that came with it but i don't think its the windows xp disc!! As its a netbook i would also have to try and borrow an external cdrom to run the disc from a friend of mine. Do you know if theres a way to repair windows xp without using the disc?

You can get these laptops with XP on, so I am sure some people have one. I put XP on mine myself, using a USB stick, if you feel comfortable installing it yourself i can point you in the right direction to do it?
    I bought a xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to use as my CD drive for my EEE. the only way you can repair windows on a EEE is using a external drive or re-installig again from a USB, I am sure some cleaver SOD out there knows how to repair from USB to but I could not help with that.

Let me know if you want a hand, Also how did you get Windows on there in the first place?

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;4566139

You can get these laptops with XP on, so I am sure some people have one. … You can get these laptops with XP on, so I am sure some people have one. I put XP on mine myself, using a USB stick, if you feel comfortable installing it yourself i can point you in the right direction to do it?I bought a xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to use as my CD drive for my EEE. the only way you can repair windows on a EEE is using a external drive or re-installig again from a USB, I am sure some cleaver SOD out there knows how to repair from USB to but I could not help with that.Let me know if you want a hand, Also how did you get Windows on there in the first place?

Thanks for your help. I managed to borrow an external disc drive and reload windows back on the netbook and its all up and running as normal again. Rep ahs been left and thank you for your adive:)

Closed at OP's request.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
    4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions