problem with oneplus one keyboard?

Found 21st Apr 2015
I swear every time I type it comes out as gobbledygook 80% of the time. seems i can't type on his or there's something um doing wrong. anyone relse had this problem?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskKeyboardMovieOneplus
11 Comments
I've not had 1 plus before. But has the phone been given a bad memory of predictive text? Or is the predictive text turned off and you aren't typing the words correctly due to typing fast, large finger press etc?

My Samsung note 3 took a while to program new words into it. But sometimes it favors the new words over the correct word. Which is annoying as hell.

I would say if it is the predictive text making it happen. Delete a few off the new words the phone has learned or clear the whole memory off new learnt stuff and see if that helps.
settings > language & input > Android keyboard > then auto correction OFF

And have a look in settings > language > personal dictionary
See if the phone has learnt a bunch of small words that it seems to favor.

Original Poster
its not auto correction as much as it just doesn't pick up what I'm meant to be typing, ie its like the accuracy isnt correct when I'm writing.
Original Poster
my fingers aren't that fat!
Ah could be a calibration issue with the screen and digitizer (the input film that senses touch).
I wouldn't know what a fix would be, could be as easy as a reformat to fix any bad programs/apps causing the issue or be a bad as replacing the digitizer/screen.
Someone did a test on their phone to show off a touch screen bug.

Them opened a note/text message and spammed

q and p constantly and it showed up keys like I and w in the input even though they weren't pressed.

Seemed to be a common issue amongst the Oneplus devices.

qpqpqpqppqpqpqpqqpqpqpqpqpqpqpq

Give that ago and see if there is any ghost press. If there is other letters popping up that you felt you didn't press. I would contact Oneplus and see what they can do or suggest.
Why not try an alternative keyboard like SwiftKey, I find it much better than the stock android keyboard.
Original Poster
okay, obvious there's something with my phone. wouldnt unlock or switch on or off earlier!
I had a opo and got rid of it because of the ghost typing issue.

one plus promised a software fix for it but it obviously hasn't happened.
I believe its a software issue not hardware.
I feel your pain it left mine almost inoperable. if you restart the phone in recovery mode and wipe the cache and Davlik cache it should fix it but only temporary
Original Poster
spencer24

I had a opo and got rid of it because of the ghost typing issue.one plus … I had a opo and got rid of it because of the ghost typing issue.one plus promised a software fix for it but it obviously hasn't happened.I believe its a software issue not hardware.I feel your pain it left mine almost inoperable. if you restart the phone in recovery mode and wipe the cache and Davlik cache it should fix it but only temporary

I am literally horrified at the phone after reading such good things about it. Were you able to return the phone to the manufacturer? I'm also looking at buying a replacement (but now my trust is broken I have no idea what to buy!) and also would like to return it but don't know if I'm able to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions