Problem with openelec and mounting internal NTFS disk.

Found 31st Dec 2015
Hi, I've install Openelec 6.0 on a USB stick and running on a ATOM 330 device. Everything runs fine but I can't get it to mount a completely blank/freshly partitioned internal Sata drive.
I've tried mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media
but this is throwing out the error "The Disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0), which is a lie" It could be that this drive is a hybrid SSD/HDD and contains system files on the SSD portion ? Do I need to secure erase this ?
Community Updates
AskMovie & Series
6 Comments
Do you have a Windows system you could clean the disk with?
krisward7955

Do you have a Windows system you could clean the disk with?

I completely wiped the disk and partitions using diskpart. Nothing left except the 8GB of SSD flash on it. I just installed the Openelec on it in the end as I believe it's more a issue with it being a hybrid drive than any left over windows issues.
it really sounds like part of the windows is still there. diskpart command clean springd to mind but have to make sure you have not data on any partitions as i believe it will clear them all. Other thing to try would be the likes of format mbr
tri_94

it really sounds like part of the windows is still there. diskpart … it really sounds like part of the windows is still there. diskpart command clean springd to mind but have to make sure you have not data on any partitions as i believe it will clear them all. Other thing to try would be the likes of format mbr

​I think it was something held on the ssd part of the drive which is managed by the firmware. I couldnt find any information on wiping that so I gave up. A little nervous about using EXT4 but hopefully openelec wont freak out and trash the partition. annoying thing is that it doesnt care about usb only internal drives it flips out at.
I think i had a similar problem, i solved it by using diskpart (run as administrator if not you will get error message).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 1st Jan 2015
RiverDragon8

I think i had a similar problem, i solved it by using diskpart (run as … I think i had a similar problem, i solved it by using diskpart (run as administrator if not you will get error message).

I used diskpart to remove all partitions but I'm not sure if the SSD part of the hybrid drive was storing some operating system files. Not sure I would go for another SSHD after this problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants