Problem with Redspottedhanky

Found 9th Nov 2012
Has anyone ever had a problem with this website?

I bought 2 single tickets from them in one single transaction but when I got to the ticket machine to collect the tickets only one ticket was issued with a message to say that the other ticket could not be issued and that I should contact the booking office.

Sent them an email and got an automated reply to say that they aim to get back to me within 48 hours. Three days later I still haven't heard back from them so I emailed them again yesterday morning to chase my query and still heard nothing.

Terrible customer service.

25 Comments

If you have a problem please first check our FAQs if you can't find what you are looking for then get in touch by:

emailing us at redspottedhanky@atos.net
call our support line, open every day from 08:00 - 20:00 on 0800 377 7748 (freephone)
Try calling them?

Edited by: "brawlzzz" 9th Nov 2012

Original Poster

brawlzzz

If you have a problem please first check our FAQs if you can't find what … If you have a problem please first check our FAQs if you can't find what you are looking for then get in touch by:emailing us at redspottedhanky@atos.netcall our support line, open every day from 08:00 - 20:00 on 0800 377 7748begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 0800 377 7748 (freephone)Try calling them?

yes, i will call them tomorrow.
i was hoping that they would read their emails like every other reputable company.

I had a similar problem - they never replied to my email. Phone was a bit of a nightmare too - when you speak to them take a note of who you're talking to so at least there's a reference point.

Finally got compensation after about 7 correspondences, except it was expiring the day they gave it! More phone calls and emails and finally... success!

Good luck!

Original Poster

so i called their customer service this afternoon and was told that i should have called rather than email in. this was not stated on their website?

i was told that i should go to the ticket machine with lots of time to spare in future so that i can call them immediately if the ticket does not come out so they can re-issue the ticket. do they realise how much it costs to call an 0800 number on a mobile phone? do they realise people have jobs to go to and can't afford to hang around sorting out missing tickets?

the whole point of buying a ticket online is for the convenience but if this is how i should behave when buying online then what is the point? i might as well buy the ticket at departure as i am not getting any discount for buying online anyway?
Edited by: "mutley1" 10th Nov 2012

Original Poster

update.

sent them my receipt to prove that i had to buy another ticket and they have come back to me to confirm the refund so sorted now.
moral of the story is to call them when you have a problem as they don't answer their emails!
they answered the phone pretty much straightaway so not too bad there.

It's so daft isn't it? My tickets didn't arrive so I emailed. No reply. I called them and they said they'd email me directly with a form to fill in - I'd have to send that back directly for them to release the number to get the ticket from the ticket machine.

Their email never arrived. When I complained they had no record of the call at all. Then had to go through 7 more correspondences to get the refund...

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Do check you've got the refund though! I'd paid with a voucher so they had to refund as a voucher, which sadly expired the day they gave it... finally sorted after more calls. Hope yours is properly resolved and sorted now.

Original Poster

PD101

It's so daft isn't it? My tickets didn't arrive so I emailed. No reply. I … It's so daft isn't it? My tickets didn't arrive so I emailed. No reply. I called them and they said they'd email me directly with a form to fill in - I'd have to send that back directly for them to release the number to get the ticket from the ticket machine.Their email never arrived. When I complained they had no record of the call at all. Then had to go through 7 more correspondences to get the refund...Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Do check you've got the refund though! I'd paid with a voucher so they had to refund as a voucher, which sadly expired the day they gave it... finally sorted after more calls. Hope yours is properly resolved and sorted now.

yes, i will keep an eye on it.
they said to me don't email them next time as i should not have done this time. but what's the point of having an email address in contact us and then ask people not to use it?

they said that i will have to go to the ticket machine with lots of time in advance in future so i can call them if the ticket is not issued and they can give me a new ticket. sounds a lot of hassle if i am rushing about trying to get to work so would not be using them in future anyway unless i got a free voucher.

Mutters, what station do you normally collect the ticket from? I'm just thinking that if you purchased the ticket direct from the operator (Southern, South West Trains etc), take along the email and if there is a problem you may be able to actually speak to a human face to face. Normally these don't charge the extra that the likes of thetrainline do.

Original Poster

moose109

Mutters, what station do you normally collect the ticket from? I'm just … Mutters, what station do you normally collect the ticket from? I'm just thinking that if you purchased the ticket direct from the operator (Southern, South West Trains etc), take along the email and if there is a problem you may be able to actually speak to a human face to face. Normally these don't charge the extra that the likes of thetrainline do.

i normally buy it from southern trains but as i had a voucher i bought it from redspottedhanky. they fall far short of southern trains for customer service and reliability so if they really want to compete with the train operators' own website they have a lot of work to do.

exactly this happened to me!!! annoyed the hell out of me! i Did ring them and had to wait an hour before the "system" updated. I made sure i got a full refund

Original Poster

Guyver

exactly this happened to me!!! annoyed the hell out of me! i Did ring … exactly this happened to me!!! annoyed the hell out of me! i Did ring them and had to wait an hour before the "system" updated. I made sure i got a full refund

exactly the sort of thing you can't afford to do if you have to get to work in the morning.
i have used southern train website to buy tickets online to be collected at the machine on departure and i have never had a problem with the tickets.

i have used redspottedhanky about 10 times and this has already happened. they blame the ticket machine but it must be them as the ticket machine is the same one i use when i buy tickets from southern trains website and have never had a problem with southern trains.

Very poor indeed. Good to hear about southern train website. Ditto The trainline - I've had hundreds of tickets through them and not a single problem.

Original Poster

PD101

Very poor indeed. Good to hear about southern train website. Ditto The … Very poor indeed. Good to hear about southern train website. Ditto The trainline - I've had hundreds of tickets through them and not a single problem.

the thing i don't like about the trainline is that they charge you a fee for purchase.

I'm pleased you got it sorted. I book +£50 worth of tickets a week and have only had one problem in the past year when the ticket collection machine was broken. Wasn't really a problem as the ticket collector knew it was out of action & we had confirmation of the tickets printed out so he accepted that.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

I'm pleased you got it sorted. I book +£50 worth of tickets a week and … I'm pleased you got it sorted. I book +£50 worth of tickets a week and have only had one problem in the past year when the ticket collection machine was broken. Wasn't really a problem as the ticket collector knew it was out of action & we had confirmation of the tickets printed out so he accepted that.

you mean you spend £50+ every week with redspottedhanky?

mutley1

you mean you spend £50+ every week with redspottedhanky?

Yep, sorry I wasn't clear, £50+ every week (eeek!).

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Yep, sorry I wasn't clear, £50+ every week (eeek!).

how many times have you collected tickets from their bookings?

mutley1

how many times have you collected tickets from their bookings?

Once a week for the past year and a half or so. It's not actually me who picks up & uses the tickets (I organise it for my father) but I book it, organise and pay for it so the tickets are ready for collection on the day.

Tips are:
You can put any credit or debit card into the machine to collect the tickets, you don't have to use the payment card.
You can collect the tickets at any station even though you have to select a designated station for collection.
You get loyalty points every time you buy tickets, you have to redeem them before you can spend them and they expire, so it's worth redeeming them after every purchase as then they turn into credit vouchers with a longer expiry date.

Oh and keep an eye out for when MSE or The Telegraph have free £10 vouchers,

sickly sweet

Once a week for the past year and a half or so. It's not actually me who … Once a week for the past year and a half or so. It's not actually me who picks up & uses the tickets (I organise it for my father) but I book it, organise and pay for it so the tickets are ready for collection on the day.Tips are: You can put any credit or debit card into the machine to collect the tickets, you don't have to use the payment card.You can collect the tickets at any station even though you have to select a designated station for collection.You get loyalty points every time you buy tickets, you have to redeem them before you can spend them and they expire, so it's worth redeeming them after every purchase as then they turn into credit vouchers with a longer expiry date.

Past 3 train journeys I have made recently I tried to use a different card to collect the tickets and the machine would not give me the tickets and said to enter the card I had used to pay for them with.

fluffyundacrakas

Past 3 train journeys I have made recently I tried to use a different … Past 3 train journeys I have made recently I tried to use a different card to collect the tickets and the machine would not give me the tickets and said to enter the card I had used to pay for them with.

Dad does it every week, twice this week. I pay on my card, he uses his card to collect them...weird that his local station allows it if others don't. I've got to organise a ticket for my brother who will be collecting from Waterloo, no option but to use my card as he doesn't have his at the moment so I'll report back next week how it goes, fingers crossed ok!

Oh and HI fluffs, long time no see!!!! Hope you're well and having a fabby weekend.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Once a week for the past year and a half or so. It's not actually me who … Once a week for the past year and a half or so. It's not actually me who picks up & uses the tickets (I organise it for my father) but I book it, organise and pay for it so the tickets are ready for collection on the day.Tips are: You can put any credit or debit card into the machine to collect the tickets, you don't have to use the payment card.You can collect the tickets at any station even though you have to select a designated station for collection.You get loyalty points every time you buy tickets, you have to redeem them before you can spend them and they expire, so it's worth redeeming them after every purchase as then they turn into credit vouchers with a longer expiry date.

glad to hear this. gives me more faith in their system.

I had a problem with tickect purchase, spoke to someone who advised they would put right with my account - DIDN'T & HAVEN'T!!! have email 3 times in past week, with no acknowledgment or reply - is this a BOGUS email address??? and haven't they heard of customer service

Original Poster

2bev

I had a problem with tickect purchase, spoke to someone who advised they … I had a problem with tickect purchase, spoke to someone who advised they would put right with my account - DIDN'T & HAVEN'T!!! have email 3 times in past week, with no acknowledgment or reply - is this a BOGUS email address??? and haven't they heard of customer service

They don't answer email. You have to call.
I am always nervous whenever i use them as the probability of a ticket not issued is high. Don't buy multiple tickets as this was where i had the problem. Buy them in separate transactions.

Got my refund after 22 days which is extremely long for a refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants