Problem with unlocking Moto G on Tesco

Found 8th Jul 2015
I recently bought a Moto G in one of the Tesco offers I found on here, now want to unlock it. I've bought a code from ebay, doesn't work, bought another one from a different seller (actually the same code), doesn't work, did a factory reset, still no success. Anyone know what to do or where to get a working code?

15 Comments

When you say it doesn't work, is it not recognising the code or is it something else happening?

Original Poster

northeastkev

When you say it doesn't work, is it not recognising the code or is it … When you say it doesn't work, is it not recognising the code or is it something else happening?

It's saying "sim network request unsuccessful"

how have u tested its not unlocked already?

Original Poster

justanothercid

how have u tested its not unlocked already?

Yes, doesn't work with another sim card and the "enter network unlock pin" message comes up

I used a seller called "mobunlockingmaster" twice now for moto g on Tesco with no problems.
check the imei number you sent the last 2 sellers you may be a number out which would mess it up.

Gannet

Yes, doesn't work with another sim card and the "enter network unlock … Yes, doesn't work with another sim card and the "enter network unlock pin" message comes up

This is when you put the code you bought in isn't it?

Original Poster

stefromuk

I used a seller called "mobunlockingmaster" twice now for moto g on Tesco … I used a seller called "mobunlockingmaster" twice now for moto g on Tesco with no problems. check the imei number you sent the last 2 sellers you may be a number out which would mess it up.

Used the same one, but no success. IMEI is correct

Original Poster

Teezgaff

This is when you put the code you bought in isn't it?

Yes, exactly

Original Poster

No one know a solution?

Maybe faulty sim card?

What do the eBay sellers say ? Have they refunded you ? Is your phone's IMEI on their database ?
I suspect they know more about unlocking Moto G's than we do.........

Where did you get your IMEI number from? On the box the phone came in or typing *#06# on the phone call screen?

Original Poster

I've now decided to pay Tesco to unlock it. At least I got a refund from the ebay sellers.

Gannet

I've now decided to pay Tesco to unlock it. At least I got a refund from … I've now decided to pay Tesco to unlock it. At least I got a refund from the ebay sellers.

Out of interest how much are tesco charging?

Original Poster

speedy2014

Out of interest how much are tesco charging?

10 quid, and annoyingly it's taken from your balance, you can't pay directly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions